Discover the Best Walks Near London with the best walking route app - TrailTale!
TrailTale is a free exploration walking trail app offering self-guided walking tours of London and acts as a repository of many attractions in Great Britain. Choose a London walking route or explore some of the most fascinating places near you.
The guided walking routes in London take you through the most interesting places in London and along a selection of cities, towns, and villages, telling you their fascinating stories and rich histories. All walks are FREE and no in-app purchase is required. Suitable for the whole family, with bonus stops and trivia at famous filming locations from Harry Potter to Bridget Jones along the way.
GB Town and village routes are available all over the country, packed with fun facts, photos, maps, and images and some have an audio guide, allowing you to listen while exploring.
Finding other attractions near you has never been so easy. Simply use the ‘Explore Near Me’ feature in the app to see what fun places are available to you. Filter them by your preference. It's FREE.
Why Pick the TrailTale Walking Route App for London & other Cities?
• All Walking Routes are FREE
• All the guided walks are available offline
• The self-guided walks are developed with the help of local experts
• Easy to pause at any time
• Precise turn by turn walking directions
• Feature’s locations for the whole family
• Filter the ‘explore’ points based on your preferences
There are 20 Guided London Walks:
1. Palaces, clubs of St. James’s London (22 POIs)
2. South London City Charles Dickens Bridge to London City (28)
3. Hidden London City Banks to Liverpool London City (11)
4. Amazing immigration story East Meets London City (25)
5. Westminster, Harry Potter Governing London (23)
6. Hidden Law Quarters Inns of London (25)
7. Old Bailey and Barbican London City of Bars and Barts (17)
8. Temple church London of Law and News (24)
9. Great Fire Harry Potter Jack The Ripper Towers of London City (28)
10. Friars Shakespeare Livery London City (20)
11. Covent Garden The Stand Stranding London (20)
12. River Thames The Tower to Westminster Sweat Thamsing London (20)
13. London’s famous village Highs of Hampstead (21)
14. Old hospital famous artists Charming Chelsea (24)
15. Jack the Ripper Docks The Pirates of Wapping (21)
16. Clubs, History Rock ‘n’ Roll Swinging Soho (21)
17. Historic people, espionage, market Fair Mayfair (28)
18. Palace, Hospital, Banksy Lambeth (18)
19. Well, Old Gate, prison Clerkenwell (28)
20. Maritime, palaces Greenwich (28)
Guided Walks Outside London:
• Bishops Stortford
• Bourton on the Water
• Chipping Campden
• St Albans
• St Neots
• St Ives
• Stratford upon Avon
- Enhanced features to help people with disabilities to enjoy the app's content.
- New feature indicating the location of WCs.
- New feature marking the location of restaurants, pubs and cafes.
- The ability to rate walks and points.
- A-Z listing of featured places (no need to search for your preferred walk).
- Enhanced performance.
Ratings and Reviews
Really enjoyable but few UX issues
I have done 3 of the walks now and have enjoyed them all. The only issue is that there are a few bugs. For instance, when you lock your phone (or it locks its self due to inactivity) and you go back to the app, the voiceover is played twice. There's also a few instances where the voiceover will not play. This happened on the first few chapters of the Towers of London City walk.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your comments. Can you please list the walk you took?
Lots of potential, but app is horrible to navigate
The app definitely has incredible potential, but the interface and navigation is horrible and somewhat unusable, and not on an aesthetic level but with regards to functionality.
For instance, I accidentally clicked on Margate, and the pop-up box shows you an overview of information for the area. However there is no way to get rid of this box once you click it (such as an X button to close this pop-up). The only way around it was to force shut the app and load it up again.
Another example of poor functionality is that despite the app having location enabled, I cannot see any local routes or even put in a postcode to show the local routes manually. When I click on the walking routes tab, all I can see is the entire map-view of England. You have to then zoom in and manually search for London all over the map and then locate where you are. This is an excessive amount of effort.
There are several more examples to the effect of the above so I had to delete the app but I’d be open to revisiting it one day when it has further developments.
Looking forward to doing the walks with my family but it says it is free for now,can you tell me when it will start charging and by how much please.
Also ones I have looked at so far doesn't mention if wheelchair accessible or if the walk is ok for wheelchairs,is that something that would be added as important to myself and many others
Developer Response ,
Hi Chris, Thank you for your review. At the moment there are no plans to make the app chargeable. So enjoy taking my walks with your family.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rafi Ilivitzky
- 69.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © TrailTale Limited