Find thousands of pet sitters offering in-home pet care, or stay in wonderful places around the world by house sitting and caring for cute pets.
Ready to discover pet care that takes you places? Download TrustedHousesitters today to scroll through a world of reviewed and verified pet sitters or explore house sitting opportunities in over 130 countries. Then, when you’re ready to connect and arrange a pet sit, start your annual membership.
Why do members love TrustedHousesitters? Owners can travel with true peace of mind and, in return, sitters get to explore the world while staying with pets in a home away from home. With neither members charging each other, it’s a win-win for everyone — especially the pets!
- ‘TrustedHousesitters has changed my life! It is such a brilliant system that relies on good will with no money exchanging hands.’ — Alice Forward, TrustedHousesitters member
Rated 4.9/5 on Trustpilot, and with over 12,000 reviews, it’s the award-winning app and website that The New York Times, Daily Mail, Washington Post and AARP are all talking about:
- ‘[TrustedHousesitters] matches travellers with people who need their pets and homes watched. Save on a hotel room and make a furry friend.' — AARP
Key product features (free account)
- See the verified pet sitters you could connect with, explore their profiles, and read their references and reviews
- Explore thousands of house sitting opportunities around the world
- Save searches and get alerts when exciting house sits become available
Key product features (with a membership)
- Owners: Find an in-house pet sitter to keep your pets safe and happy at home, whenever you’re away
- Sitters: Apply for unlimited house sits in over 130 countries, all year round
- Owners: Receive and review applications from pet sitters, then get to know them before deciding which is your pet’s perfect sitter
- Sitters: Provide extra peace of mind by earning your sitter verifications
- Keep in touch during sits, sharing updates and pet pictures via the safe and secure app messaging
- Leave public feedback and reviews for fellow members to see
- Feel safe and secure knowing every sit is covered by our Insurance Backed Guarantee
- Get expert veterinary advice, day or night, with a free 24/7 Vet Advice Line
- Know help is always at hand with a 24/7 Membership Services team
Download the app today to enjoy app-only features too, like extra search filters, alerts and favourites.
*Winner of the Most Effective B2C App in the Effective Mobile Marketing Awards 2018
We’ve updated things in the background. This keeps the app up to date and stable.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Cute dogs and very comfortable home
Chico and Dorita were very cute and affectionate. although Chico could be a bit naughty he was so cheeky and friendly it was hard to be cross.
They were easy to look after needing feeding only twice a day. They had two walks each day and all they wanted to do then was sleep and cuddle.
The house was very comfortable and well equipped and a short, albeit up hill walk on the way back, from restaurants, supermarkets and the beach.
As hosts they provided us with a wealth of advice and information on the area even including discount vouchers and bus timetables.
We were made to feel very welcome and
Beverley cooked us dinner on our first evening with them.
We found them warm and generous hosts. Sadly we were unable to help with the other dates when they needed a sitter.
We thoroughly enjoyed our time there and would happily recommend this house sit
Hate it, waste of money and they won’t give you a refund
Complete waste of money. I paid for the app as there was no free trial, couldn’t find any suitable person to look after our pets whilst we were on our honeymoon, people who looked suitable never replied so ended up sending our puppy to a kennel after paying £90 to have a fancy but useless app on my phone. I asked for a refund within a couple of days of downloading the app and was told that they won’t issue a refund. The only people who applied to our ads were people I wouldn’t want in my home or anywhere near my pets. I tried my best to be open minded after they told me that I cannot have a refund as money is tight so eventually accepted an application but decided to not go ahead with the sit within 24 hours of accepting the app. Your house is your home, where you feel safe, where your pets feel safe. Don’t let the reviews fool you and let some stranger into your home as you are away as you won’t have a minute rest. loved the idea of the app and really did try to be open minded but ended up losing £90. I am also very disappointed that they don’t issue refund even hours after downloading the app. I would not recommend anyone downloading this. Put your money towards a decent kennel where you know your pet is safe.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review and your comments, I'm pleased to hear that you do love the idea of the app.
We do have policies and processes in place regarding refunds, and I'm sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with these. They are available to you before joining up, and we would have been happy to speak with you and help with your understanding of these before joining up.
I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get applications from people that you were uncomfortable with, we have lots of great members and we would have been happy to help get applications from people that you were more happy with sitting for you.
If you would like to discuss this further, please do get in touch with our Membership Services Team who are the best people to help you with any issues that you may have in relation applications, or even with how to use the app.
For price please improve many things
For the price the app needs lots of improvements. Messaging is a mess. Searches can be saved but then can’t filter out sits now gone, or just update dates. Need to be able to search favourites (hearted) by dates and/or area.
Would also like to restrict number of animals (preferably of a type; eg I don’t mind one group of 10 chickens but I’ll never take on 3+ dogs). Also to search sits that don’t already have more than 3 applicants;- it’s annoying and time consuming to only find this out 4-5 clicks later; wasteful.
Given how much we pay for this annually this app is quite frustrating and needs a lot of improvement. I’d have no problem if you find improvement by ads from Ethical & Eco animal care sites and product providers.
A lot more explanation about the insurance would be helpful please.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review and comments.
Within a saved search, any listing that no longer has dates, should no longer appear within the search. If they are, then we'd be keen to look into why this has happened.
We are currently looking at adding more filters to the search, as this is a great idea, and example of something that we'd like to be doing on the platform.
We're always looking to improve the app, so we would welcome a conversation with you about things that you'd like to see. We'd also be more than happy to provide you with some more information about the Insurance Backed Guarantee as well.
If you contact the Membership Services Team (https://support.trustedhousesitters.com/hc/en-gb) they'll be more than happy to speak with you and provide any answers for you.
I look forward to hearing from you
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- TrustedHousesitters Ltd
- 96.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 TrustedHousesitters
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.