A must-have app for all Virgin TiVo & V6 customers
The Virgin TV Control app means you can control your TiVo or Virgin TV V6 box from anywhere in the world, wherever you have an internet connection with WiFi, 3G or 4G.
The Best Bits
As a Virgin TV customer, this app lets you:
• Manage your recordings – set up a Series Link+ from anywhere in the world when you’re connected to the internet
• Control your TV – if your TiVo box is connected to the same home network as your device you can turn your mobile or tablet into a handy remote control
• Speed up the way you search and browse – search using your device’s QWERTY keypad instead of the remote
• If you have a Virgin TV V6 box powered by TiVo you can stream selected recordings to your device
• The app connects directly to your TiVo or Virgin TV V6 box so that you can see if there is a recording clash or storage space is low
What you need
• Be a Virgin TiVo or V6 customer - note that Virgin TV 360 customers can use Virgin TV Go to manage recordings
• An iPhone, iPod touch or iPad, running iOS 13 or later, with WiFi, 3G or 4G internet access
• Your My Virgin Media username and password
For security reasons, and to protect the rights of our content partners, the Virgin TV Control app cannot be used on jailbroken devices, where unauthorised modifications have been made to the operating system.
If you’re having any issues or have further questions you can find help in the following places.
Want to know more about how the app works? Take a look at virginmedia.com/helptvonthego for loads of handy info.
You can get help in the app by selecting Help in the main menu.
Need something more? Chat to the experts on our forums at virginmedia.com/community.
Copyright ©2022 TiVo Inc. All rights reserved. TiVo and the TiVo logo are registered trademarks of TiVo Inc. and its subsidiaries worldwide.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is useful at times, but could be a lot better. But it has one particularly frustrating issue - even when I’m on my home wifi, I get a “reconnecting” message at random times and whatever I was busy with is lost, for example if I set a particular date and channel to look at on the guide, I’m suddenly shunted back to the current date and lose the channel. It has caused me a lot of frustration, especially when it happens multiple times in quick succession. If Virgin Media is your chosen provider, unfortunately you don’t have any other options than this app.
Waste of time
It does allow you to see what’s currently being shown on tv. Like a TV guide. And it does allow you to see what you have recorded(one star well done for hitting some of your design brief). But it doesn’t let you watch anything you have recorded unless you’re at home on your home network. Which kind of defeats the point. If you have the audacity to leave your home and attempt to watch a recorded programme you will be met by the error message telling you that you should’ve set up streaming whilst you were on your home network. Coincidentally it doesn’t matter how many times you set up streaming on your home network, using the account that your logged in to, at the point you wish to watch something it will forget the fact that you’ve now done this merry dance over a dozen times and decline you any entertainment. It is essentially the same as taking a thermos full of boiling water from your kettle at home. But when you try to make a cup of tea you find the water is cold and you can only heat it up again using your own kettle at home. Mind numbingly infuriating.
Excellent... I wouldn’t be without it.
Since the recent updates I am able to check what is recording and set up recordings if I’m away from home and have forgotten to record something. I have added several favourite actors to my wish list and it now automatically records anything that they appear in. Once a series link is created it automatically records any new series without having to be asked to again. Previously you couldn’t watch anything away from home, but now you can download shows from your recordings and watch them wherever you are. If you are home you can watch anything you’ve recorded away from the main box on any of your devices. Works perfectly for me and is a real good addition to the already good service that Virgin offer. Well done they finally got there.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Virgin Media Limited
- 180.4 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2011 Virgin Media Limited