The Western Union® money transfer app lets you send money fast for cash pick up, to a bank account, or a mobile wallet. Transfer money abroad and pay with your credit card, debit card or bank account.
Western Union App Features:
- Send money from home to more than 200 countries and territories around the world
- Quick resend to your favourite receivers
- Estimate prices and check our exchange rates and fees quickly
- Track a Western Union international money transfer
- Update the delivery method from cash pick-up to bank account whether you are the sender or receiver
- Find your nearest Western Union® agent around the world
- View your money transfer history
- Receive notification of Western Union offers
- Touch ID security
- Earn rewards when you refer friends to Western Union. T&Cs apply.
Send money quickly and easily on your mobile:
1. Create a Western Union profile or log in
2. Select the country to send money to
3. Choose how much money to send
4. Select how your receiver will get it (cash pick-up, bank account, or mobile wallet)
5. Choose how to pay (credit card, debit card, bank transfer, or cash at a Western Union agent)
6. Add the receiver's details (e.g. bank account details)
7. Review, confirm, send, and track your money transfer
Western Union international money transfers from home to over 200 countries and territories, including:
Bangladesh (BDT), India (INR), Pakistan (PKR), Sri Lanka (SLR), Australia (AUD), China (CNY), Indonesia (IDR), Philippines (PHP), Thailand (THB), Albania (ALL), Bulgaria (BGN), France (EUR), Germany (EUR), Greece (EUR), Italy (EUR), Poland (PLN), Portugal (EUR), Romania (RON), Russia (RUB), Spain (EUR), Turkey (TRY), UK (GBP), Ukraine (UAH), DRC (CDF), Egypt (EGP), Gambia (GMD), Ghana (GHS), Kenya (KES), Lebanon (LBP), Morocco (MAD), Nigeria (NGN), South Africa (ZAR), Tunisia (TND), UAE (AED), Uganda (UGX), Zambia (ZMW), Zimbabwe (ZWD), Argentina (ARS), Colombia (COP), Canada (CAD), Jamaica (JMD), and the USA (USD).
Legal Disclaimer: Transfer limits, fees, and delivery times for sending money may vary based on the transaction history, sender’s/receiver’s country, payment method and send/delivery method. Western Union also makes money from currency exchange. Please, read Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement before downloading the app:
Send money day or night with our app. International money transfers to 200+ countries and territories. Send money to bank accounts, mobile wallets or for cash pick-up (availability varies by country).
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Worth the hassle, once I got verified
The verification process was a little bit of a nightmare, but that is understandable given how much identity fraud and financial scams happen online these days.
Since being verified this app has made my life a whole lot easier. It takes multiple payments, including Klarna, Apple Pay and online bank transfer. I no longer have to make the trek to money agents and the online fees are much more reasonable, than in person, while all transfers are done in minutes.
Moreover, you get the occasional loyalty reward which was never the case with the money agents.
Do not use this App
I thought I was the only one having issues, but it seems that Western Union has no Auditing on their cancelled transactions.
I've been sending money to my parents for years via Western Union, however I will not be using them at all, and this will be escalated one way or another.
Let me explain how their process works:
1. You enter the details of the person that you are sending the money to, destination country and the amount.
2. Once you submit the form, Western Union makes a requests from the bank for that sum of money.
3. The bank will send the sum of money to Western Union
4. Western Union will now hold that money till it is collected.
5. If the details of the sender is incorrect, the payment instruction will be in a pending state.
6. If the cancel the instruction, it will show as cancelled on the application, and will be removed from the system at their system. DON'T CANCEL via the app. CALL IN AND REQUEST A REFUND.
Western Union has denied that they have taken that money from account even though I sent screen shots from my bank statement with the transactions taken from my account.
I complained via my bank which disputed the transaction, but as expected they denied all knowledge of it.
I have been working in I.T. for many years and this process is clearly fraudulent. I will not take them to court as it would be too expensive for me to do (what they are counting on). I will get this escalated in another way.
Best money sending app
Been using this app for last three years continously. Never have any issue. Very easy & safe to use. Sometime it took like minutes to transfer money in bank account without any charges. I always use apple pay to transfer through bank and that is free of charge so from the time i am using this app i never have paid any fees at all. Really happy with it. Would love recommending it to everyone who wants to send money abroad. This app didnt gave me a chance to try any other app for money transfer.
Thanks Western Union.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Western Union Company
- 282.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Western Union Holdings, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.