Collect by WeTransfer is the best way to capture, combine and collaborate on ideas. Save content from all of your apps in one place.
– Save photos, links, songs, videos, documents and anything else you can think of.
– Stay in your flow and save stuff from your phone for later with just a couple of clicks.
– Organize your content onto beautiful boards, perfect for visual thinkers.
– Invite anyone to add to your boards with no sign-up or log-in required. Share the link through email, Slack, WhatsApp and other channels straight from the app.
Whether you're planning your next trip, collecting references for a mood-board or sketching out your future business, bring it together in one place with Collect.
WeTransfer makes beautifully obvious tools that bring ideas to life. Founded in 2009 as a simple, well-designed file sharing service for the creative community, WeTransfer has grown into a set of products for different parts of the creative process. These include storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, our Collect app and the WeTransfer.com platform, where 42 million people send one billion files every month.
This update contains a few bugfixes and copy updates. Besides that:
## Collect 3.4.0 is better in every way
In this release, we’ve redesigned the app navigation to improve how you save and organize your ideas.
## There’s no more “My Items”
We realized that the relationship between boards and My Items was confusing, and we wanted to provide clarity on what it means to save an item.
- Previously, if you added a new item to a shared board, it would appear in My Items as well. And if you then deleted it from My Items, you’d delete it from the board you’d uploaded it to as well.
- Now, items you add to a shared board will not be mixed in with your own private items. Any items you add to a board will live only in that board.
## So what’s in this release?
There are now four tabs in the app:
- The All items tab gives you an overview of all the items in your Collect app, whether they’re saved to a board or not
- The Boards tab is where you can organize your items and share them with others
- The Single items tab is for items that you haven’t added to a board yet (or never will!)
- The Account tab is where you can manage your settings
We hope that you’ll find the new navigation clearer and more intuitive. Enjoy collecting!
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, but one main bit missing!
I don’t get the negative reviews. You create a board, then upload pics into that board, then share that board by text or email. You can also upload an image or video without going into a board and share it... and then add it to a board later on if you like. That’s as complicated as it gets. The one thing I don’t like, is we have the wetransfer plus pro account and use it every day at work. But, we can’t log into it on here?! It would be great to be able to log into it and transfer files using the boards. Put the login option in and I’ll give you 5 stars :)
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback! It's a fair point you've made. Our Collect app though is a separate product and therefore a separate application which is not linked to your Plus account online. Instead you can create a Collect app account. Of course if you've got any other feedback, please don't hesitate to share it with us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Upload speed is so sloooooow
Hi! I have been working with the app for the last months and was quite happy with the performance.
However, the last week I’ve been dealing with major problems as it is getting me LITERALLY DAYS to upload a couple of files. The progress changes back and forwards every minute , so I cannot trust to be aware of the actual progress.
I thought it was the ISP (as I have travelled to a different country), however I have changed cities, connections, ISPs, etc and my folder with only 27MB remains stucked in 9% for the last two days, while I can send the same files (losing quality) via WhatsApp in a couple of seconds.
The app does not have a file by file status or the option for pause an upload and prioritise another one. I don’t know what has been finished or not, i am totally out of control of what I am able to share and what is missing.
I got totally disappointed and my job/deliveries are getting jeopardised :(
Developer Response ,
Hey there! We'd looooove to work with you in order to get you back transferring as smoothly as possible. Would you mind emailing us at email@example.com about this?
Your website has always been extremely user-friendly and efficient. However, this app is absolutely useless. It freezes and glitches constantly making it impossible to send anything using your “boards” feature. Every time I open the app it says my boards are “updating”. It will be at 4%, will crawl along and get to 33% after about 45 minutes, then just freeze. I’ll close the app and open it again. Then it will have gone back to 2%. Absolutely useless app. All wetransfer needs to do is allow it’s users to send files. Why are you bothering with these “boards”. They don’t work. Simple as that. I think it’s about time you listened to all the negative reviews and tried to satisfy the people who use your app. Otherwise you will unfortunately get left behind by your competition.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.