YoungPlanet is an app that aims to reduce landfill, reduce clutter and create a positive community sharing experience by facilitating the movement of useful children’s stuff to new homes where it can be enjoyed.
Currently only available in Hackney, London. Coming to an area near you soon!
How it works:
• Register an account or login with Facebook
• Tap the big plus, add a photo, select category, add a title and short description… and that’s it!
• Tap the search bar to find what you’re looking for by keyword or category
• Star favourite items you wish to come back to later
• Request an item to start a chat with the owner and arrange a collection
• Meet other parents in your community!
Talk to us:
We like to hear your feedback, so if you need any help, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Anything else email@example.com
• Save draft items on your profile to publish later
• Ability to republish items from your history
• Mark items if they're pending pick-up from another user
• We've added badges to everyone's profile to show the number of items you've listed
• Share items with your friends from within the app
• Other minor improvements & bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent idea - recycling kids things for free
Helps re-use clothes, toys, books and other items - saving money for parents and plastic / waste from landfill. Easy to use - you can browse items in your local area and arrange to meet and exchange. All for free
YoungPlanet is a great way to support local parents. I also love the fact that I can meet new people! :)
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.