Join 100,000+ parents using YoungPlanet to find and give secondhand children’s things for FREE.
Available across the UK.
Most of the things our children want are sat in someone else’s cupboard or loft
not being used. According to The British Heart Foundation, children have an
average of four toys they’ve never even played with – which could add up to as
many as 162 million unused toys in the UK.
So we don't need new; we need to get things moving
Helping parents declutter, give joy & save the planet, YoungPlanet is an app that
enables parents to put no-longer-used children's things to good use with new
families and away from landfill.
Here’s how it works:
Download the app and register an account, or sign in with Facebook.
1. Tap the search bar to find what you’re looking for by keyword or category
2. Filter your search by location and/or listing date
3. Like favourite items you wish to come back to later
4. Request an item to start a chat with the owner and arrange a collection or delivery
5. Meet other parents in your community :)
1. Register your account or login with Facebook
2. Tap the big “plus” icon, add an image, short title and description... and that’s it!
3. Wait for your item to be requested then chat with the other parent to arrange delivery/collection
Talk to us: We like to hear your feedback, so if you need any help, contact us at email@example.com. Anything else firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us and share your best finds: @youngplanetapp
We're proud to be introducing an official partnership with bpost as our postage partner in Belgium!
Users within Belgium will now be able to organise postage through bpost
Ratings and Reviews
Issue the keyboard coming up when on login page
Went through registration, clicked the link to verify my email but when it takes me through to the login page now the keyboard doesn’t appear when you click in the email or password fields so I can’t access.
Great sustainability initiative
Super idea from the founders. Also a fabulous way of cutting the hassle of taking our second hand items to the charity shop - impossible during Covid. Great to have people come and pick items up from the house, especially when juggling twins. Brilliant contribution to the baby products circular economy. Share your items - be kind!
Just what I’ve been waiting for
Brilliant app that has helped me pass on so many things my kids have grown out of to other families. It is so easy to use, I’ve met some lovely people through it and they’re always happy to get something they need for free while I’m always happy to keep something out of landfill. Win win!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Young Planet Enterprises LTD
- 44 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Young Planet Enterprises LTD
- In-App Purchases
- 'First Dibs' membership £2.29
- 'First Dibs' membership £14.99