Privacy, simplified. One super-charged app, four types of privacy protection.
Tired of being tracked online? We can help.
DuckDuckGo is the all-in-one privacy app that helps protect your online activities. With one download you get a new everyday browser that offers seamless protections from third-party trackers while you search and browse, and even access to tracking protections when receiving email. With DuckDuckGo, privacy can be your default.
• Search Privately - DuckDuckGo Private Search comes built-in so you can search the web without being tracked.
• Block Tracking Cookies — Prevent most 3rd-party cookies from tracking you as you browse from site to site.
• Escape Website Tracking - Tracker Radar automatically blocks most hidden 3rd-party tracking scripts lurking on websites you visit in DuckDuckGo, which stops the companies behind those trackers from collecting and selling your data. See notes and links below for more information.
• Enforce Encryption - Smarter Encryption forces many sites you visit in DuckDuckGo to use an encrypted (HTTPS) connection where available, protecting your data from prying eyes.
• Block Email Trackers - 70% of emails track you as soon as you open them. Enabling Email Protection is the easy way to block most email trackers and hide your address without switching services. Join the private waitlist for the free beta version through the app settings menu.
The DuckDuckGo app has the browsing features you expect, like tabs and bookmarks, plus privacy controls you'll love. Taking control of your privacy doesn't have to mean making tradeoffs.
• Tap Fire Button, Burn Data - Clear your tabs and browsing data with one tap of the Fire Button.
• Signal Your Privacy Preference with GPC - Built into the app, Global Privacy Control (GPC) intends to help you express your legal opt-out rights automatically. This will tell websites not to sell or share your personal information under future legal frameworks (e.g., CCPA, GDPR) in various states or countries.
You don't need to wait to take back your privacy. Join the millions of people using DuckDuckGo and protect many of your everyday online activities with one app. It's privacy, simplified.
Note about our tracker blocking for 3rd-party sites and emails:
DuckDuckGo never tracks you. When you leave our search engine to use other sites, we aim to block as many hidden trackers as possible, but we can't block them all for a few reasons. New trackers emerge all the time, so first we need to find them. Then, blocking these trackers can sometimes break functionality, so we need to develop new approaches without hurting usability. Additionally, in our app we offer a specific type of protection that stops scripts from even loading on 3rd-party sites, which isn’t offered on most popular browsers by default. Currently, this one loading protection doesn't apply to Microsoft scripts on 3rd-party sites due to contractual restrictions. However, our other tracker blocking methods (like 3rd-party cookie blocking) are unrestricted and continue to work against these trackers to protect your privacy online.
About Us: https://duckduckgo.com/about/
How It Works: https://duckduckgo.com/app
Privacy Newsletter: https://duckduckgo.com/newsletter
Open Source: https://github.com/duckduckgo/iOS
• You can now press and hold the back or forward button to quickly jump to a previously opened page.
Join our fully distributed team and help raise the standard of trust online — from anywhere! https://duckduckgo.com/hiring
Ratings and Reviews
Font colour width weight
It’s a amazing experience using a duck duck go but I think there is some adjustment can be made like when when we searched something the information which gets displayed there font isn’t so attractive it’s a little bit small in size and transparent .
I love the history clean up button which is shape of fire and animation which get displayed during it , I simply love it’s simple design everything is compact .
It will be amazing if duck duck go can warn us if site is not secure like small pop up or searched box colours get changed to some other colour .In fact you can changed the search box colour as per there category of privacy .
Hey guys, I’m a big fan of your work . Love the app, I was just wondering if you guys could maybe include an option to change the layout of the three buttons at the bottom so that we can have the new tab button at the centre and the kill all tabs button at the side, it’s a really small detail I know, and does not affect the functionality of the app in anyway , but it makes a two step process of opening another tab to single step. It still does the job regardless, keep up the good work!
I need option to change default browser
All over this browser isn't bad. Tbh it is better than safari and Firefox in terms of UX. i prefer google over duckduckgo because googles recommends or indexes better sites than duckduckgo in india and gives all over bettee search results thats why i prefer google. I even started using duckduckgo browser as my default but had to change back as I couldn’t change the default browser. So my msg to developers is either provide better results in your search engine or give me the option to change my default browser in app and if the option is available kindly make it easier to find
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Duck Duck Go, Inc.
- 54.7 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © DuckDuckGo
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.