Google Photos is a smarter home for all your photos and videos, made for the way you take photos today.
The best photo product on Earth – The Verge
Google Photos is your new essential picture app – Wired
Upload the pictures and let Google Photos do the rest – The New York Times
• FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
• VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things in them – no tagging required.
• MOVIES AND GIFS, MADE FOR YOU: Get automatically created movies, collages, GIFs and more from your photos. Or easily create them yourself.
• ADVANCED EDITING: Transform photos with a tap. Use intuitive and powerful photo and video editing tools to apply content-aware filters, adjust lighting and more.
• SMART AUTOMATIC ALBUMS: Tell better stories, without the work. Automatically get a new album with just your best shots after an event or trip, then invite others to add their photos.
• LIVE ALBUMS: Share your latest photos with Live Albums. Select the people and pets that you want to see and Google Photos will automatically add photos of them as you take them, no manual updates needed.
• SHARED LIBRARIES: Share without sharing. Grant a trusted person access to all of your photos.
• REDISCOVER: Get collages of photos that you took a year ago on this day.
• CAST: View photos and videos on your TV with Chromecast support.
• FREE STORAGE: Back up unlimited photos and videos for free for up to 16 megapixels and 1080p HD and access from any device and photos.google.com – your photos are safe, secure and private to you.
You can also upgrade storage for your Google account, used for Original Quality photos and videos, Google Drive and Gmail by subscribing to Google One, an expanded storage plan. Subscriptions start at $1.99/month for 100 GB in the US. Pricing and availability can vary by region.
Storage subscriptions purchased in-app will be charged to your iTunes Account, and automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed by going to iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Google One Terms of Service: https://one.google.com/terms-of-service
Note: Face grouping is not available in all countries.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Google Photos doesn't run GPS in the background unless you give us permission by turning on optional features that require this.
We improved loading speed of the Photo Gallery.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great, but only 1 issue.
App on its on is really great, given that you get unlimited storage, I never needed another thought while downloading the app. UI is similar to the native photos app, so you don’t get confused. But the only gripe is that google photos can’t be set as the default app, so if you delete all the photos on your iPhone after backing it up in google photos, you cannot share photos from other apps. You can share photos from the google photos app, but lets say you opened instagram and wanted to upload a photo, you tap on the new icon and only thing you see is blank. If apple lets 3rd party photos app to be set as default then this app will be perfect. And..... one more thing is that you can’t make a photo your wallpaper directly from google photos app like you do on the actual photos app. That’s all the problem I have with google photos. Over all the best app for photo backups.
Issue while sharing
Google photos is a great app ... but currently I’m using it in my IPHONE 6s device... now I can backup all my photos and videos from my device to google photos... however the only issue I got is that while I want to share my photos or videos to WhatsApp contact, I will select a particular photo/ video and give share and a pop up ask for where to share and I will give WhatsApp after that a small box will appear with PREPARING, then after that the screen got freezed in that part and I can’t even share my photo or video .... If i want to use GOOGLE PHOTOS again I have to close the app completely and then have to come in again (still can’t share photos/ videos) so kindly address the issue and give me a solution.
I’ve been using this for quite a while and haven’t faced any issues. As a developer I tend to judge how the apps are designed and I think this is a really well-made app. Hats off to the google team on this.
The only reason I reduced one star is because the support isn’t good. I had an issue with the app on my dad’s phone where it says storage full but his google drive is actually empty and I had even changed the setting in his photos app to optimised (unlimited) mode. It’s even buggy as it shows the files have 0 byte when I used drive to sort them by size (high to low) and the highest file showed zero but that doesn’t reflect back and he keeps getting an error that the storage is full. I have make queries to google twice from his account with no response yet. I hope these issues get fixed eventually.
- Google LLC
- 181.1 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016, Google Inc
- In-App Purchases
- 100 GB Month ₹ 169
- 200 GB Month ₹ 249
- 100 GB Annual ₹ 1,699
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.