JioHome Application has two features MyMedia and MyRemote.
MyRemote is the Mobile Remote Control for your Jio Set Top Box. It is designed to provide the experience of controlling your Jio Set Top Box using application instead of a physical Remote Control. All features / key functions of the physical Remote Control have been added into the Application to improve your overall experience.
MyMedia helps user to view and share contents with other devices connected over the same Wi-Fi network. User shall be allowed to create playlist for songs and albums for photos. There is an option to play contents over other renderer devices.
My Network :
This feature shows network and devices connected to JioFiber WiFi network. It shows customer devices connected to JioFiber Router and JioExtender units.
- Added MyNetwork support
- Bug fixes, Performance improvement
Ratings and Reviews
Need a lot of improvements
I got JioFiber STB yesterday and though to setup remote via JioHome.
1. I dont have Jio sim. I used my registered number (seen in MyJio app and I am getting all SMSes) but it didn't work. But my wife's number worked and she got OTP even when her number is not registered at all.
2. The gaming remote is the worst of all I have seen in my entire life of 30+ years. Common guys, you cannot put Up-Down in Top-Left and Top-Right.
3. Whey isn't there a qwerty keyboard like numberpad. I need to keep the phone on if I reach a text box on TV. If I first go to text box on TV and then start app, it will not work.
4. Look at the Kodi mobile remotes around. They have option of gesture trackpad. That would be awesome to use without even looking at mobile. (let me know if you want the name of the app)
5. A question, media sharing takes good time when video is longer like 5-6min. Does it upload to server and consume bandwidth? Should'nt it just stream from mobile via lan?
Good work but needs a little refinement
I have not checked about the remote feature, I used the app to access a storage media connected via gateway router, the media server needs a little refinement , the files are grouped into photos, docs , videos , this makes it hard to find some files. It would be helpful if we are provided with a option of accessing the files just as the way it is stored in the storage element.
Please try to add a keyboard to type on to the tv.
Keyboard support would be quite helpful given the difficulty on using a remote to type.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Reliance Jio Digital Services Private Limited
- 118.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2019, Reliance Corporate IT Park Ltd. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.