All legal campsites in Aotearoa NZ. Offline capable. Officially supported and independently made. Full travel app with deep information.
Every legal New Zealand camping location on your iPhone™ or iPad™. Camping NZ features Offline Maps, so you can find all camping locations, free of restrictions from NZ's poor and expensive internet. This app gives you Freedom!
• The Official NZ Camping Map - in association with local councils, the Responsible Camping Forum, Department of Conservation, i-SITE and Tourism NZ.
• Full offline capability with maps and detailed information.
• Backed by over 60,000 independent Rankers reviews.
• Over 1,400 campsites included and almost 5,500 points of interest across Aotearoa.
• Every legal camping location - free and paid - if it shows on this app then you're welcome to stay.
• From remote freedom camping sites to full-facility holiday parks.
• Filter for Top Ranked holiday parks, DOC and free sites based on thousands of Rankers reviews.
• Full details, photos, rules and pricing for each camping location.
• Includes all public and holiday park dump stations.
• Traveller's essentials like fuel, supermarkets, playgrounds and free water.
• Shows all i-SITE, DOC visitor centres and regional tourism hubs.
• Includes activities and walking tracks with extensive details including reviews, Maori and colonial history, geology, flora and fauna and more.
• Includes even more point of interests - quality free WiFi, supermarkets etc.
• Find local goodies like markets, roadside stalls and farm gate produce.
• Save your favourites to the map.
• Improve the app with your photos and reviews.
• Proudly designed and developed in Aotearoa NZ.
• Layout improvements for a more full screen experience.
• New user interface for offline maps.
• Updated content including comprehensive walking track info for hundreds of locations.
• Ensured all third-party tracking is disabled.
Ratings and Reviews
What a spot! Easier to park the caravan then most other camp sites. Great facilities. Clean and well looked after. A stone throw (actually closer) to the beach to watch the sunset. Friendly chap who checked us in. This is a good, kiwi, no fuss, place to stay. We will be coming back for sure. Just come and see, it speaks for itself
Super useful and accurate
During our family holiday around the South Island in February we used this app every day. It was great to know that a quick glance at the map would show us all the camping sites on the road ahead.
And having the reviews gave us the confidence to choose the right path.
What’s amazing is the depth of info that you’ll find as you dig around. It’s not just campsites. Also great to find some of the hidden magic walks and locations that aren’t promoted by other apps.
Get this app and you'll get the most from your New Zealand travels.
Great info, great to read reviews etc to make decisions on where to stay.
Sometimes though you do need to take a punt, we’ve stayed in a few campgrounds that scored quite low but we thought were awesome!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rankers.co.nz Ltd
- 126.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Rankers.co.nz Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.