* SEND A MESSAGE -Skip exchanging phone numbers, just send a message. It's seamless across devices.
* CUT DOWN GLARE WITH DARK MODE. Dark mode is a sleek new look that goes easy on the eyes by switching the background from white to black.
* SHOW YOUR REACTION - Add a silly sticker, send a dancing GIF and use emojis to express yourself better.
* SHARE PHOTOS AND VIDEOS - Capture the moment with the Messenger Camera, add a filter or doodle, then send to friends or share to Stories.
* RALLY THE GROUP - Make plans to get together with polls, share your location, split the bill and more.
* HOP ON A CALL OR VIDEO CHAT - Hang out anywhere, anytime by getting on call or a group video** chat — filters optional :) **Calls are free over Wi-Fi but otherwise standard data charges apply.
* SEND A VOICE MESSAGE - When text just won't cut it, just hit record and send say, sing or shout it out loud.
* SEND MONEY SECURELY AND EASILY (within US, UK and France only) - Send and receive money from friends in the app by adding your debit card or PayPal* account. *PayPal available in the US only.
* SHARE YOUR LOCATION - Suggest a meeting spot or tell friends where you are by sharing your location with just a few taps.
* CHAT WITH BUSINESSES - Easily connect with your favorite businesses to make reservations, get customer support, find deals and more.
* PLAY GAMES WITH FRIENDS - Challenge friends, climb leaderboards, and discover your next gaming obsession.
We update the app regularly so that we can make it better for you. Get the latest version for all of the available Messenger features. This version includes several bug fixes and performance improvements. Thanks for using Messenger!
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve learned about the new gradient update and I have seen a lot of my friends have already the new update. So learning about this and being really interested I also updated my app but to my surprise, it didn’t change. I was okay at it at first and some said that they actually had the older version again so I thought that was just a little peek. Today I had seen a lot of people with the new update and I had my hopes up thinking that it is finally time. After updating I got disappointed of the conclusion that nothing changed. I really like the app and the update changes nothing with the way I can communicate with others. I just want an explanation of what is going on and why is this happening.
No voice on video call
My messenger is messed up again, it has been corrected when I wrote you before. But after i have updated it the previous problem happened again. Whenever i make video call i have to use my headset for the person on the other end to hear me. What’s happening to my messenger? I’ve uninstalled it and installed it numerous times again after the update, but still during video call the other party can’t hear me. There has been previous updates, but still, I can’t be heard by the person I’m calling during video calls. Please help! I’ve just updated the messenger hoping that it will correct the no audio during video but still, no audio to the other party. I can hear them but they can’t hear me. Please do something about this.
This is getting serious. At first there wasn’t any sound during video calls. Now there isn’t any sound on video that is sent thru messenger.
Calls using Viber and FaceTime is perfectly fine. What’s wrong with messenger????? I’ve uninstalled and installed it so many times! I’ve updated it every time there is an update, but instead of it getting better it’s getting worst. Please do something please
i love how easy it is to use this app and it makes contacting your loved once just as simple as a click away but there are a few things i’m having problems with and some of these i believe are caused by bugs. firstly, the “active” feature doesn’t work on my account even if i try logging into other devices, people who i’m pretty sure are active and talking to me at the moment don’t show up as “active” but instead shows up as “active 1 min ago” and when someone messages you, you automatically become “active” for example, you’re asleep but you receive a message from somebody, that person will think you’re active because messenger marks you as “active” even if you are nowhere near your device. secondly, in the middle of calls i’m having, messenger suddenly ends it even if my wi-fi connection is working just fine and so is the person on the other line’s connection. thirdly, this has been happening to me most of the time and my friends as well, the ellipsis that shows that the person is typing is usually just a glitch. it shows that the person is typing when they’re actually not which makes the receiver unhappy because they think that they’re going to be receiving a message when it turns out to be false. lastly, the chat streak feature suddenly disappeared even though you messaged that certain person within the 24-hour period. i hope you could address these problems as soon as possible because many of us users are having trouble with these issues.
- Facebook, Inc.
- 278.8 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.