**You must own a Synology NAS to run this app, and have upgraded to DSM 5.2 to get the complete set of features**
DS file is ideal to manage files stored on your DiskStation, upload or download between the NAS and the iDevice itself, or do basic editing tasks. And always securely with HTTPS support. Besides file management, DS file is also a useful tool to do anything from browsing pictures, watching videos or checking work documents when you are on the go.
- This update is only available for iOS 13 and above versions.
- This is the last version to support signing in through the WebDAV port. As for the next release, please sign in with the DSM port (5000 by default) instead.
- Enhanced security level of connections.
- Supports TLS 1.3 encrypted protocols and its modern compatibility for higher level of security when connected to Synology NAS running DSM 7.0.
- Enhanced the connection experience by reducing the probability of untrusted SSL certificates when connecting via QuickConnect.
- Shortened the photo thumbnail rendering time in File Station running on DSM 7.0 or above versions when backing up photos via DS file.
- Fixed an issue where uploading videos with the same name might fail.
- Fixed an issue where printing PDF files might fail.
- Fixed an issue where the application might quit unexpectedly when connecting via WebDAV.
- Fixed an issue where the "Always open HTML files using plain text format" setting in File Station is not applied on DS file.
- Fixed an issue where the application might quit unexpectedly when downloading multiple GIF files for offline access.
- Fixed an issue where the application might quit unexpectedly when uploading a large number of photos.
- Fixed an issue where the status bar at the top might not be hidden while playing videos.
- Fixed an issue where searching files by create date might fail when connected to Synology NAS running DSM 7.0.
- Fixed an issue where users are unable to download files or open PDF files when connected to Synology NAS running DSM 7.0.
Ratings and Reviews
Great until breaks
Works great. I was backing up 7500 pics. Unfortunately last 500 can’tbe uploaded as the app crashes when trying to connect :(
I like automatic photos backup function, works pretty well
Lack of support for Files app
The app still does not offer support for Files app on iOS.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Synology Inc.
- 109.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Synology Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.