Are you curious about what Van Gogh’s 'Starry Night' looks like up close? Or the difference between modern and contemporary art? Would you like to wander around a museum halfway across the world?
With Google Arts & Culture you can visit top exhibits, zoom in on artworks in mind-blowing detail and browse thousands of stories, photos, videos, and manuscripts. Be your own curator by finding your favourites, creating your own collections and sharing them with friends. Travel anywhere with tours of iconic sites, famous buildings and natural wonders, on your screen or in VR. Learn something new every day.
Google Arts & Culture has collaborated with over 1,200 museums, galleries and institutions in 70 countries to make their exhibits available for everyone online. Start exploring, now.
• Zoom views – Experience every detail of the world’s greatest treasures
• Virtual Reality – Grab your Google Cardboard viewer and immerse yourself in arts and culture
• Browse by time and colour – Explore artworks by filtering them by colour or time period
• Virtual tours – Step inside the most famous museums in the world and visit iconic landmarks
• Personal collection – Save your favourite artworks and share your collections with friends and students
• Nearby – Find museums and cultural events around you
• Exhibits – Take guided tours curated by experts
• Daily digest – Learn something new every time you open the app
• Art Recogniser – When visiting a museum you can now point your device camera at artworks to learn more about them, even when offline (at select museums)
• Notifications – Subscribe to receive updates about the top arts & culture stories
• Translate – Use the translate button to read exhibits from around the world in your language
• Location: Needed to recommend cultural sites and events based on your current location
• Camera: Needed to recognise artworks and provide related information about them
• Now supports Arabic and Hebrew
Ratings and Reviews
The best art app ever
Thank you, Google. I love you. This app on iPad is sth else. It’s completely unique experience.
I love this app, a lot of interesting articles, ability to see the pieces of art in AR, virtual walks. I love it.
BUT when the app offered me to find out more about my favorite artist, Micheleangelo, it showed me 12 pieces of his art and 10 of which were drawings... and only 2 were sculptures, when Michelangelo was Sculptor more than anything else. Weird
Is your portrait in a museum?
As I love this app in general, in the first place I downloaded it because of the feature „Is your portrait in a museum?” which I cannot find there. Many people seem to struggle with the same problem. I’m from Poland since maybe localization is vital here.
- Google LLC
- 93.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch)Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular and iPod touch.
English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Cambodian, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Google, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.