Google Family Link is a parental controls app that helps you keep your family safer online. We know that every family's relationship with technology is unique, so we've designed tools like Family Link that give you the flexibility to choose the right balance for your family and help them create healthy digital habits. Family Link's easy-to-use tools allow you to understand how your child is spending time on their device, see their device location, manage privacy settings and more.
With Family Link, you can:
Establish digital ground rules
• Set screen-time limits – Family Link lets you set downtime for your child's device and time limits for apps, so that you can help them find a healthy balance.
• Guide them to age-appropriate content – approve or block apps that your child wants to download. Family Link also allows you to choose the right YouTube experience for your child: a supervised experience on YouTube or YouTube Kids.
Manage and secure your child's account
• Protect their privacy – permissions management in Family Link allows you to make meaningful choices about your child's data. View and manage permissions for websites and extensions accessed through Chrome, as well as apps downloaded on your child's device.
• Secure their account – Family Link gives you access to manage your child's account and data settings. As a parent, you can help change or reset your child's password if they forget it, edit their personal information or even delete their account if you feel that it's necessary.
Stay connected on the go
• See where they are – it's helpful to be able to find your family when they're on the go. With Family Link, you can locate your children on one map, as long as they're carrying their device.
• Get notifications and alerts – Family Link delivers critical notifications, including when your child arrives at or leaves a certain location. You can also ring devices and view the device's remaining battery life.
• Family Link's tools vary depending on your child's device. See a list of compatible devices at https://families.google/familylink/device-compatibility/
• While Family Link helps you manage your child's purchases and downloads from Google Play, they won't need approval to install app updates (including updates that expand permissions), apps that you have previously approved or apps that have been shared in Family Library. In addition, purchase approvals will only apply when your child makes a purchase through Google Play's billing system, and will not apply to purchases made through alternative billing systems. Parents should regularly review their child's installed apps and app permissions in Family Link.
• You should carefully review the apps on your child's supervised device, and disable those that you don't want them to use. Note that you may not be able to disable some pre-installed apps such as Play, Google, etc.
• To see the location of your child or teen's device, the device must be turned on, recently active and connected to the Internet through data or Wi-Fi.
• Family Link parental controls are only available for supervised Google Accounts. With supervised Google Accounts, children get access to Google products like Search, Chrome and Gmail, and parents can set up basic digital ground rules to supervise them.
• While Family Link provides tools to manage your child's online experience and keep them safer online, it does not make the Internet safe. Family Link cannot determine the content on the Internet, but it can give parents the opportunity to make decisions about how their child spends time on their device and determine what path to online safety looks best for your family.
Several stability improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
No possibility to restore device control remotely
App is pretty useless if you lost or broke your phone and try to restore family link on new device. Apparently you need to be in the same room with child. In 2022 when life is so remote and I physically not presented in my home for months. that’s “very useful” of course.
Very poor app
After several months of using it I must say that I have never used so unstable app with so many logical problems. My daughter has two devices phone and tablet, but permissions and limits are set on application level so I cannot block YT on phone but allow it on tablet. Moreover if I set a limit it’s duplicated as each device has own timer… Transfers between parents app and kid device are getting stuck so very often it requires device restart to get changes implemented. And today device locked after allowed time and it’s impossible to unlock it neither from parents phones nor by entering the pin on protected device because it’s not possible to enter wi-fi password on locked device to connect to the Internet, this is already too much…
The worst app experience I've EVER had
This app is pathetic. I work with digital interfaces on a daily basis and yet I was unable even to set up my husband as a second parent. I was able to set up gmail account for a kid who is below 13 years of age yet he was unable to accept the invitation to the family. I was unable to do virtually anything this app promised to deliver. Additionally, when we decided to create a new instance of a family and when my husband left the first family, he got the info that it is only possible to switch between families ONCE A YEAR. Why is that? Don't know, and what's really a cherry on top - this info doesn't occur anytime before the actual leaving. Well done, Google, well done.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 185.2 MB
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Assamese, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Kyrgyz, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Oriya, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Google, Inc.