Loved by creative professionals and aspiring artists alike, Procreate is the leading creative application made for iPad.
Offering hundreds of handmade brushes, a suite of innovative artistic tools, an advanced layer system, and the lightning fast Valkyrie graphics engine, Procreate gives you everything you need to create expressive sketches, rich paintings, gorgeous illustrations and beautiful animations. Work on the couch, on the train, at the beach, or while waiting in line for coffee. It's a complete art studio you can take anywhere; packed with these powerful features and more:
- Ultra High Definition canvases - up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pros
- Beautifully intuitive interface made for iPad and Apple Pencil
- Revolutionary QuickShape feature for perfect shapes
- Smooth and responsive smudge sampling
- Powered by Valkyrie: the fastest 64-bit painting engine for iPad
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts for advanced features
- Create art in stunning 64-bit colour
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save - never lose work again
• Breakthrough brushes:
- Packed with hundreds of beautifully crafted brushes
- Brush sets keep your painting, sketching and drawing brushes organised
- Over 100 customizable settings for every brush
- Brush Studio – design your own custom Procreate brushes
- Import and export custom Procreate brushes
- Import Adobe® Photoshop® brushes, and run them faster than Photoshop®
• Full-featured layering system:
- Layer your art for precise control over details and composition
- Create Layer Masks and Clipping Masks for non-destructive editing
- Stay organised by combining layers into Groups
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Access over 25 layer blend modes for industry grade compositing
• Colour without compromise:
- Fill your line work with ColorDrop and SwatchDrop
- Disc, Classic, Harmony, Value and Palette colour panels
- Import colour profiles for colour matching
- Assign Colour Dynamics to any brush
• The design tools you need:
- Add vector Text to your illustrations
- Easily import all your favourite fonts
- Crop and Resize your canvas for the perfect composition
- Perspective, Isometric, 2D, and Symmetry visual guides
- Drawing Assist perfects your strokes in real time
- Streamline smooths out your strokes for beautiful lettering and expert inking
- Use Scribble to name layers, change settings and create text
• Animation Assist
- Easy frame by frame animation with automatic onion skinning
- Create storyboards, GIFs, animatics and simple animations
• Dramatic finishing effects:
- Brush in image adjustments and effects with your Apple Pencil while keeping the ability to fine-tune its effects - Glitch, Chromatic Aberration, Bloom, Noise and Halftone add new dimensions to your work
- Gaussian, Motion, and Perspective Blur filters create depth and movement
- Powerful image adjustments including Colour Balance, Curves, HSB and Gradient Map
- Let the mind-bending powers of Warp, Symmetry, and Liquify Dynamics bring your art to life
• Time-lapse replay
- Relive your creative journey with Procreate's celebrated Time-lapse Replay
- Export your Time-lapse recording in 4K for high-end video production
- Share a thirty-second version of your Time-lapse recording with your social networks
Share your creations:
- Import or export your art as Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files - Import Adobe® ASE and ACO Colour Palettes
- Import images files such as JPG, PNG and TIFF
- Export your art as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF, web ready JPEG, and animated GIFs, PNGs, and MP4s
- Drag and drop artworks, brushes, palettes, and fonts between applications
This update includes some important fixes for Time-lapse and stability.
- Fixes for Time-lapse colours, colour profiles on non-HEVC compatible devices, and export compatibility
- Recolor has been added to QuickMenu while we work on a new home
- Reduced lag when painting with a Reference Image
- Holding the Transform button will pinch zoom the layer contents
- PDF export for CMYK color profiles
- Unable to enter Background color values with the keyboard
- Improvements to Pencil filters and layer mask painting
- Improvements for Arabic user interfaces
Thanks for your feedback on Recolour. We're listening and we love that you care.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Procreate lets you generate high-caliber artwork at a blistering pace using a robust layering system, stunning filters, and thousands of importable brushes. Plus, Savage Interactive’s super-intuitive app supports pressure sensitivity and Apple Pencil—as well as iCloud Drive and a seamless video recording of each brushstroke—so sharing your work is incredibly simple.
i really like procreat, i’be been using it for years and the long way the app came through is really amazing, bUT!
there could be a room for more betterment of course, we could start off with a
-1 text tool! instead of having to handwrite everything i believe text tool would be very handy!!
-2 shapes tool! the straight line tool is fantastic and all but more shapes like circle and square could be very useful!
-3 the selection tool could use hella lot of improvements, personally i’d rather a selection tool similar to paint tool sai’s ( where you can have a selection brush) it could be added to the already existing selection option! also the selected area is very pixel-y and the magic wand isnt any better, too sharp and pixelish
-4 1 pixel expansion, also related to selection tool, where u can exand ur selected area by 1 pixel each time!!
-5 luminance to transparency
i had this option in paint tool sai, im not sure how difficult it can be to add it into an ipad app but its a feature where u can remove a white background from a black lineart, it has been very useful and i hope i still can use it here too !!
these are just the suggetsions i have for the betterment of the app! really expecting a lot from its my fac drawing app!
This app is fun, beautiful, and amazing, too. There are brushes as if you were actually painting on a board! And a lot of great things, but there is a small problem, not a big one, which is the duration of the animation,
Can I make it more than 2 minutes? 😅 Because when I finally make it 10 seconds 😑 Why? If you can solve the problem, I will be happy and thank you very much and I cannot describe my feelings of joy, in the end I would like to say
(😊 Buy the application and you will not regret your life 🌸) Goodbye
Developer Response ,
Hey chloe 12 jojo - The length of your animation depends on the available Layers. The layer limits in Procreate exist to prevent your Procreate from crashing if it tries to do more than the iPad can handle. These limits vary according to your canvas size and iPad model. Try creating a different-sized canvas for a different layer limit.
When creating a new custom canvas, you'll see your Maximum Layer limit when you input your canvas dimensions. You can also access this by swiping left on any custom canvas in the Create menu and tapping Edit.
- Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- 325.4 MB
- Graphics & Design
Requires iOS 13.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Savage Interactive
- SAR 39.99
- In-App Purchases
- Early Access 2015
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.