"2Do adapts to my needs, not the other way around. 2Do gets me."- Macstories
2Do lets you take a completely different approach to managing your tasks. With its extremely simple-to-use interface and a comprehensive and flexible set of powerful features, it lets you focus on what's most important to you: your life. There is no wrong way of using 2Do, and unlike other to-do apps, it won't force you in adhering to a particular task management methodology.
• Macstories: App of the Year 2015
• Apple - App of the week, June 2015
• Apple - Mac App Store “Best of 2013”
• “Best App Ever Awards” Winner
• Cult Of Mac - 5/5
• Gizmodo "Best app for forgetful people" - Gold Medal
Email to 2Do: Optional plugin that allows you to integrate your email address directly with 2Do, thus allowing you to email yourself tasks from anywhere. You can even use automation, such as IFTTT, to add reminders to your list.
SYNC [PRO - Try for 21 days]
• Stay in sync using one of the following: Dropbox, Reminders (CalDAV), Toodledo, Fruux (CalDAV), Calendar Server (CalDAV), ownCloud (CalDAV), SabreDAV (CalDAV) or a 3rd party CalDAV Server of choice.
• Using Reminders CalDAV sync enables Siri
• Periodic automatic backups are created for you (compatible with 2Do for Mac) for a rainy day.
• Automatic Push sync between devices
SIMPLE TASKS, CHECKLISTS & PROJECTS
• Create simple tasks, or checklists and projects with sub-tasks. Tasks can have notes, attachments and multiple alarms.
• Set any task to repeat using a flexible set of options.
• Assign multiple alerts / reminders
• Set a lock to the whole app or individual lists
LIST GROUPS, LISTS, INBOX & SMART LISTS
• In addition to built-in Focus lists that allow you to conveniently view upcoming, starred or scheduled tasks, you can create multiple lists to manage and organize your tasks.
• Built-in support for GTD Inbox
• Smart lists let you harness the true potential of 2Do using a number of search options, filters and search pre-sets. Using Smart Lists, you can create custom views of your tasks and use them to focus-in or find frequently managed tasks.
• Control the amount of information you wish to see with a simple pinch-to-zoom gesture, from single line titles to multiple lines of titles, notes and tags.
BATCH EDITING & SHARING
• Drag & Drop support to move tasks between lists or drop on calendar to defer
• Batch tagging, starring, marking tasks done and more
• Task Sharing via AirDrop, iMessage and Email
REIMAGINED TASK EDITOR & QUICK ADD
• With focus on switching between editors effortlessly using a single tap only, you’ll save dozens of taps and swipes when editing your tasks.
• Save your thoughts as they come to you, by using Quick Add (Tap-hold on [+])
• X-callback-url support
• Manage tags from a dedicated Tags Panel
• Organize your tags within groups
• Leverage the powerful integration of Tags & Smart Lists to filter on frequently managed tasks.
• Find Used vs. Unused tags
YOUR TASKS UNLIMITED
• Set a Start Date to hide tasks from a list before they're relevant and add Duration to put an estimate on the amount of time you’ll be spending on your task
• Add an action to call, write an email or trigger a URL Scheme right from 2Do
• Attach an image or a voice note to your tasks
• Customizations for time management
• Use as an events / party planner, or an effective birthday reminder
• Desktop-class Task Manager
ALERTS [PRO - Try for 21 days]
• Attach multiple alerts to each task
• Attach locations to tasks and get nearby alerts as you approach assigned locations
DESKTOP-CLASS IPAD APP
• Everything from Tasks to Calendar Events - all managed from the same screen.
• Manage calendar events and schedules
• Split-screen support
• Keyboard shortcuts
• TextExpander support
NOTE: New iOS 13 related features (and more) are currently being worked upon. Keep an eye out for announcements on the blog or on Twitter.
* Fixes Outlook signup issues in Email to 2Do on iOS 13.
* Ongoing stability improvements
* Automatic detection and handling of Reminders migrations of CalDAV data
* NEW: Siri Shortcuts support. You can add a shortcut for any list / smart list as well. Shortcut button added to list options sheet as well as search options.
* NEW: Drag and drop support for iPads. You can now drag text, images or PDFs from other apps into 2Do. Dragging emails will also create a link back to the email.
* NEW: Apple Watch series 4 compatibility related improvements
* NEW: URL Handler improved. 2Do now allows you to use clipboard contents for titles / notes / tags etc, in addition for a number of new properties.
* NEW: Long-tap on the yellow notes preview in Task Editor now allows you to quickly open embedded URLs
* NEW: Siri Shortcut for creating a New High Priority task
* Improved custom CalDAV support for NextCloud and others
* Improved support for ownCloud CalDAV servers
* Turning Focus filter on / off now updates the list counts and the app's badge count (like once before)
* Improvements to grouping by dates when sorting by modification / creation dates
* Improvements to background execution, including updates to alarms when recently synced / modified by other devices
* Completion dates in the Done list now show the year where it's different from the current year
* App launch performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Better than Omnifocus, best GTD App out there.
I cannot tell you how many GTD apps I have been through. For some reason all of them felt like they didn't quite align with the way I processed what I had to do. For a while now, I had settled with Omnifocus and felt continually frustrated at how overly complicated it was and how the features that I used with it were laid out in a un-ergonomic way. I went back-and-forth to culture codes Things but found the simplicity of that app underwhelming. Fast forward through just about every other to do list app on the market, I decided to finally try 2do.
I cannot tell you what a breath of fresh air it has been finding this app. It is beautifully designed, and is laid out so simply, yet maintains all the power that one might expect from an "Omnifocus."
Is fast loading and feels lightweight when entering to dos yet is more than able to provide complex perspectives and intricate levels of organization when asked to. The tutorial is fantastic and proves to me that there needn't be confusion time that comes with all GTD apps. I was able to pick up all the features very quickly and intuitively.
I salute the developers and praise them for their continued support for the app. I have been running the trial on my computer for a day now but after purchasing the iPhone app I know now for sure the desktop app will be well worth the investment.
You'll enjoy using 2Do
As a highly scattered person with way too many separate projects going on at once, I survive by the graces of task management apps. Having started two years or so ago with Firetask, then moving to ToDo and ToDo Cloud, then to Nozbe, Todoist, Pagico, and Clear, to most recently OmniFocus Pro. At this point I've definitely learned that if I don't enjoy using the app, or if something in the app's workflow clashes with my own methods, I just won't use it. I really tried to make OmniFocus adapt to be applicable for my needs, but it's just to over structured. Sure, 2Do for Mac is still missing some of the more advanced features that OF2 provides, but those are really fringe in their value, and I haven't noticed anything lacking from either the iOS or OS X 2Do apps. By contrast, I'm actually finding myself using the app more heavily just because it's extremely flexible with how you organize and manage your various tasks and projects. I can't say how refreshing it is to not be tethered to single contexts without tags, as in OF2. Moreover, the 2Do developers also seem to be more active in their responsiveness to customers, something that definitely shows through in this latest update. All in all, 2Do is an excellent buy, for iOS and OS X, and is the first app I would recommend for someone looking for help keeping their lives straight.
Performs as advertised
2do is a great task manager that does what it claims—and does so well. The app appears to accommodate a myriad of workflows and workstyles. The layout and numerous features may be daunting to those unfamiliar with productivity apps. But to one who is willing to commit the time and energy to learn the app and customize it to accommodate his/her own preferences, the app is a useful tool. Success with such apps is founded upon having a keen understanding of one’s own individual ways and methods of working and knowing what you need to know at just the right time when you need to know it in order to accomplish your daily goals.
The interface is somewhat cluttered and in need of a refresh. Also, the slate blue is rather lackluster and unappealing—would love to be able to change the color. And would definitely enjoy a cleaner, brighter interface. Additionally, I would welcome the ability to nest an unlimited number of projects and sub-projects, tasks and sub-tasks.
Overall, the app is very well done and performs as advertised. I literally use the app on my Mac Pro, MacBook Pro, iPad Pro and iPhone 8 Plus every day. I’ve had 2do going back to my iPhone 4s, so I’m very familiar with it. No app is perfect, and that includes 2do. I’ve abandoned 2do and experimented with essentially every task manager on the market throughout the years. And I always return to 2do. The app became more useful to me when I refined it to complement my work flow and style.
- Beehive Innovations Services
- 90.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2009 - 2019 Beehive Innovations
- In-App Purchases
- Email to 2Do $3.99
- Email to 2Do Plus $1.99
- Go Pro $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.