600+ clinical problems. Diagnoses from pre-hospital to disposition stage. Treatment guidelines & references. Built-in medical calculators. Download the FREE app and view selected topics (Approximately 10% of the content is viewable in the free app and tapping on the locked topic will launch the in-app purchase screen).
Based on: 5th edition
Author: Jeffrey J. Schaider, MD and Roger M. Barkin, MD, MPH, et al.
Publisher: Wolters Kluwer Health | Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
An indispensable tool for making fast emergency decisions with up-to-date and best research available in medical practice. This latest update is based on the 5th edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.
Rosen and Barkin's 5-Minute Emergency Medicine Consult, provides a definitive guide to diagnosis and treatment in the emergency room, making it the perfect handbook for students, residents, nurses, and emergency medical personnel.
- Covers information on over 600 clinical problems
- New Topics Added: Acute Coronary Syndrome, Bath Salt Poisoning, Coagulopathy Reversal, Geriatric Trauma, Leukocystosis, Periodic Paralysis, Polyneuropathy, Retro Orbital Hematoma, Serotonin Syndrome, Uvulitis , Vomiting (Cyclic), and much more
- Diagnoses span from pre-hospital to disposition stage
- Designed to meet the needs of clinicians working in settings providing urgent and emergent care
- The well-organized coverage of each disorder includes clinical presentation, prehospital, diagnosis, treatment, disposition, and ICD-9 and ICD-10 coding
- Includes updated treatment guidelines and references
- Provides up-to-date information on topics such as emerging infections, new protocols and new treatments
- Superb differential diagnoses lists that are a valuable aid at the point of care in practice
- Includes 3 built-in medical calculators which assist in making clinical decisions
Locate a disease, symptom or medication in the fastest possible manner:
- Use "Spotlight Search" from Home screen
- Tap and Hold launch icon to open Last Topic, History, Favorites ..
- Navigate using multiple indices
- History to open frequently visited pages
NEVER FORGET ANYTHING:
Mark topics with relevant information:
- Rich-text notes
- Voice memos
- Annotations with scribble, doodle or text
You choose the method to note this regardless of the context you are in to ensure that the important facts are available whenever you access the topic, whether it is tomorrow or six months from now.
- iPhone X support
- 3D Touch
- UI/UX enhancement
- Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Very useful app!
While studying for my nursing exams, I referred to the 5-Minute Emergency Medicine app. Trust me, it was of great help! Now, being in the nursing profession I still use this app. It updates me with current information on emerging infections, new treatments and new protocols. It is also packed with three built-in medical calculators which help me in prompt decision making.
Quick and Convenient
I recently downloaded the free version of this app after finding out about it through a friend. It has all the same great content I’ve come to expect using the hardcover version of the book for the past few years.
Now that I have become more comfortable using my smartphone in everyday work this app has stood out with its ease of use and helpful features.
I would recommend everyone download at least the free version! I have purchased it and am excited to try out any more resources in the future.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for you kind comments and we are happy to know this resource has been helpful to you in your practice.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Skyscape Medpresso Inc
- 51.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 1998-2019 Skyscape Medpresso, Inc
- In-App Purchases
- 5-Minute Emergency Medicine $79.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.