Get up to the minute, real time traffic and transit information for NYS with 511NY, now featuring Drive Mode.
511NY is New York State’s official traffic and travel information source. The 511NY app provides statewide real-time traffic and transit information for all of New York State. New to 511NY is the Drive Mode. Users enter in their destination and origin and are provided up to three routes with highway travel times based on traffic conditions. Drive mode also provides audible alerts to the driver for incidents occurring along their route.
The 511NY app also offers a transit trip planner, access to over 1,000 camera images, as well as weather alerts and forecasts. A color coded map displaying winter road conditions also is available during the winter months!
- Completely new and updated user experience
- Over 1000 Road Cameras to help you see what's happening on the roads of New York State
- New Road Conditions info to help you on your drive
- Improved map rendering and marker display
- New map layers to provide additional data
- Bug fixes to improve the overall experience
Ratings and Reviews
The route options are badly programmed
Tried setting up a route that I normally travel to the city. Whatever picks the roads used is terrible, even using multiple waypoints to try to force the route to follow the path. An absurd combination of surface streets, reversals on parkways and unnecessary route changes make it impossible to force the route to follow any reasonable path. The rest of the features can be found online, so there's not much point in getting the app.
The website has helpful information, such crossing times for the bridges and tunnels. However, this app is poorly implemented and too complicated to be useful. Another example of poor innovation by government.
Worthless, just like the rest of the NYS government..now with this latest version the map won't even open up..
- New York State Department of Transportation
- 77.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © New York State Department of Transportation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.