8player Pro is a universal multimedia application for your iPhone, iPad and Apple TV.
8 years in the App Store, 500 000 Pro users, more than 200 updates... and it’s just the beginning! Join in!
With 8player Pro for iOS you can:
• Play media files from DLNA / UPnP, SMB, FTP, Google Drive and Dropbox servers, as well as local videos, music and photos;
• Control media files playback on your DLNA players (renderers) and Chromecast devices;
• Download media files from DLNA / UPnP, SMB, FTP, Google Drive, Dropbox servers to play them offline;
• Create and edit music playlists inside the app;
• Connect to your DLNA / UPnP servers remotely via mobile Internet or from any other external network*.
• Play media files from DLNA / UPnP, SMB and FTP servers;
• Use 8player Pro as a DLNA / UPnP renderer.
• Video (including subtitles): avi, mkv, mp4, mov, mpg, vob, wmv, m4v, asf, flv, ogg, 3gp, divx, dv, dat, gxf, m2p, m2ts, m2v, moov, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, mpv, mt2s, mts, mxf, ogm, ogv, ps, qt, rm, rmvb, ts, webm, wm etc;
• Music: flac, mp3, aac, alac, wav, aif, wma, ac3 etc;
• Images: heic, jpeg, png, gif, bmp, ico, tiff etc.
* You can find information on remote access setup at: http://08software.com/products/8player/remote
• Interface improvements for iOS 13 Dark Mode
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Does what it says on the tin
Just got the app to access my DLNA server. It found the server straight off and connected easily. Went to my audio folders and was excited to find (unlike with several other apps), a) it automatically created a playlist of the folder from tapping one song in the folder, and b) I could adjust how the folder was sorted, including the most important, NO SORT. Why do so many apps ruin a perfectly good playlist by forcibly resorting it alphabetically? My one complaint so far is that my audio files have gorgeous high res album art, but 8player shows crappy pixelated images that would look at home on an 8-bit gaming console. What gives?
Song titles disappear in playlist and more
This app is okay. I like the DLNA functionality, but creating playlist in the app is difficult. Songs can only be saved to playlists from the playback queue, not the library. Also for some reason the song titles for some songs disappear leaving a file path message. Not very helpful. Looking for another DLNA option.
Best network media player I’ve seen so far for iOS and Apple TV.
This app is not perfect, and at the same time it is the best one I’ve seen that has a version for both Apple TV and iOS. I use it to connect to JRiver media server and it works better than JRiver’s own remote app. It also lets you download files directly to your phone from your network. Something about the video playback quality is not as good as VLC Media player so I use that for video and this for music.
- Oleksandr Smeshkov
- 85.9 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, French, German, Russian
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2019 8soft
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.