8player is a universal multimedia application for your iPhone, iPad and Apple TV.
11 years in the App Store, 500 000 Pro users, regular updates and much more. Join in!
With 8player for iOS you can:
• Play media files from DLNA / UPnP, SMB, FTP, Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive servers, as well as local videos, music and photos;
• Control media files playback on your DLNA players (renderers) and Chromecast devices;
• Download media files from DLNA / UPnP, SMB, FTP, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive servers to play them offline;
• Create and edit music playlists inside the app;
• Connect to your DLNA / UPnP servers remotely via mobile Internet or from any other external network*.
• Play media files from DLNA / UPnP, SMB, FTP, Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive servers;
• Use 8player as a DLNA / UPnP renderer.
• DLNA / UPnP
• Google Drive
• Video (including subtitles): avi, mkv, mp4, mov, mpg, vob, wmv, m4v, asf, flv, ogg, 3gp, divx, dv, dat, gxf, m2p, m2ts, m2v, moov, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, mpv, mt2s, mts, mxf, ogm, ogv, ps, qt, rm, rmvb, ts, webm, wm etc;
• Music: flac, mp3, aac, alac, wav, aif, wma, ac3 etc;
• Images: heic, jpeg, png, gif, bmp, ico, tiff etc.
* You can find information on remote access setup at: http://08software.com/8player-remote-access
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Song titles disappear in playlist and more
This app is okay. I like the DLNA functionality, but creating playlist in the app is difficult. Songs can only be saved to playlists from the playback queue, not the library. Also for some reason the song titles for some songs disappear leaving a file path message. Not very helpful. Looking for another DLNA option.
Does what it says on the tin
Just got the app to access my DLNA server. It found the server straight off and connected easily. Went to my audio folders and was excited to find (unlike with several other apps), a) it automatically created a playlist of the folder from tapping one song in the folder, and b) I could adjust how the folder was sorted, including the most important, NO SORT. Why do so many apps ruin a perfectly good playlist by forcibly resorting it alphabetically? My one complaint so far is that my audio files have gorgeous high res album art, but 8player shows crappy pixelated images that would look at home on an 8-bit gaming console. What gives?
Edit: the app has recently been unable to find my Dona servers when it used to have no problem.
Best network media player I’ve seen so far for iOS and Apple TV.
This app is not perfect, and at the same time it is the best one I’ve seen that has a version for both Apple TV and iOS. I use it to connect to JRiver media server and it works better than JRiver’s own remote app. It also lets you download files directly to your phone from your network. Something about the video playback quality is not as good as VLC Media player so I use that for video and this for music.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Oleksandr Smeshkov
- 90 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, German, Russian
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2021 8soft
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.