8player is a universal multimedia application for your iPhone, iPad and Apple TV.
11 years in the App Store, 500 000 Pro users, regular updates and much more. Join in!
With 8player for iOS you can:
• Play media files from DLNA / UPnP, SMB, FTP, Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive servers, as well as local videos, music and photos;
• Control media files playback on your DLNA players (renderers) and Chromecast devices;
• Download media files from DLNA / UPnP, SMB, FTP, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive servers to play them offline;
• Create and edit music playlists inside the app;
• Connect to your DLNA / UPnP servers remotely via mobile Internet or from any other external network*.
• Play media files from DLNA / UPnP, SMB, FTP, Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive servers;
• Use 8player as a DLNA / UPnP renderer.
• DLNA / UPnP
• Google Drive
• Video (including subtitles): avi, mkv, mp4, mov, mpg, vob, wmv, m4v, asf, flv, ogg, 3gp, divx, dv, dat, gxf, m2p, m2ts, m2v, moov, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, mpv, mt2s, mts, mxf, ogm, ogv, ps, qt, rm, rmvb, ts, webm, wm etc;
• Music: flac, mp3, aac, alac, wav, aif, wma, ac3 etc;
• Images: heic, jpeg, png, gif, bmp, ico, tiff etc.
* You can find information on remote access setup at: http://08software.com/8player-remote-access
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Good app, but a waste of time to play mkv
I bought a full version, it's a good App, especially if you need to see you're files in you're network. To play divx files, it's awesome, But forget it, if you want to play mkv files, freezes all the time, so much lag.
MOSTLY BROKEN and abandoned.
August 2019 update claims to fix SMB issues, but the app just crashes whenever I want to pickup where I left off. Maybe an issue relating to its retention bookmark ability. Anyway, nothing’s better, just worse.
Update as of May 7th, 2019.
Still having atrocious smb connection problems. I have other apps which make these same connections instantaneously and without trouble, using the same protocols. There’s no justification for this failure to be prevalent for months and months on end with no resolution.
Avoid this app; my feeling is that the developer has moved on mostly, and there are plenty of competing apps that are better now.
I don’t know what fixes are being applied, but the updates should never create a new problem!
Serves me right for updating at all. Never update anything unless a problem exists to warrant it!
la mejor tecnologia y las mejores aplicasiones son los mias I Love Mi Tecnolojia y mis aplicaciones
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Oleksandr Smeshkov
- 94 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, German, Russian
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2021 8soft
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.