8player is a universal multimedia application for your iPhone, iPad and Apple TV.
8 years in the App Store, 500 000 Pro users, more than 200 updates... and it’s just the beginning! Join in!
With 8player for iOS you can:
• Play media files from DLNA / UPnP, SMB, FTP, Google Drive and Dropbox servers, as well as local videos, music and photos;
• Control media files playback on your DLNA players (renderers) and Chromecast devices;
• Download media files from DLNA / UPnP, SMB, FTP, Google Drive, Dropbox servers to play them offline;
• Create and edit music playlists inside the app;
• Connect to your DLNA / UPnP servers remotely via mobile Internet or from any other external network*.
• Play media files from DLNA / UPnP, SMB and FTP servers;
• Use 8player as a DLNA / UPnP renderer.
• Video (including subtitles): avi, mkv, mp4, mov, mpg, vob, wmv, m4v, asf, flv, ogg, 3gp, divx, dv, dat, gxf, m2p, m2ts, m2v, moov, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, mpv, mt2s, mts, mxf, ogm, ogv, ps, qt, rm, rmvb, ts, webm, wm etc;
• Music: flac, mp3, aac, alac, wav, aif, wma, ac3 etc;
• Images: heic, jpeg, png, gif, bmp, ico, tiff etc.
* You can find information on remote access setup at: http://08software.com/products/8player/remote
• Interface improvements for iOS 13 Dark Mode
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good app, but a waste of time to play mkv
I bought a full version, it's a good App, especially if you need to see you're files in you're network. To play divx files, it's awesome, But forget it, if you want to play mkv files, freezes all the time, so much lag.
MOSTLY BROKEN and abandoned.
August 2019 update claims to fix SMB issues, but the app just crashes whenever I want to pickup where I left off. Maybe an issue relating to its retention bookmark ability. Anyway, nothing’s better, just worse.
Update as of May 7th, 2019.
Still having atrocious smb connection problems. I have other apps which make these same connections instantaneously and without trouble, using the same protocols. There’s no justification for this failure to be prevalent for months and months on end with no resolution.
Avoid this app; my feeling is that the developer has moved on mostly, and there are plenty of competing apps that are better now.
I don’t know what fixes are being applied, but the updates should never create a new problem!
Serves me right for updating at all. Never update anything unless a problem exists to warrant it!
Lg smart tv
The app detect my lg smart tv but not casting at my smart tv
- Oleksandr Smeshkov
- 89.3 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, French, German, Russian
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2019 8soft
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.