The American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) mobile application for Continuous Knowledge Self-Assessment provides an optional method for family physicians to complete an activity for Continuous Certification credit. The activity is designed for continuous learning with a unique set of 25 questions presented each quarter.
Questions for response
Question list of current and previous quarter questions for review
Links to reference websites
Settings page to select optional reminders or withdraw from the activity
This activity is design for family physicians and residents.
There is no advertising in this app.
Internet connection required.
About the American Board of Family Medicine:
The American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) is the second largest medical specialty board in the United States. Founded in 1969, it is a voluntary, not-for-profit, private organization whose purposes include:
- Improving the quality of medical care available to the public
- Establishing and maintaining standard of excellence in the specialty of Family Medicine
- Improving the standards of medical education for training in Family Medicine
- Determining by evaluation the fitness of specialists in Family Medicine who apply for and hold certificates
Improve the stability of the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Scrap the Recert Exam
Instead of paying thousands of dollars on high stakes, stressful and low-yield exams, I would much rather pay for the development of high quality CME apps and activities that regularly sample my knowledge and keep me up to date. Just imagine what you could create if those funds were diverted to something productive! Keep moving forward with these ideas while keeping the goal of keeping us current and engaged in mind. Great job!
Love the app.
I love doing a few questions at a time. I think the questions are often ridiculously difficult to find the one “most right” answer. The best part of the questions are the responses from colleagues who validate my thoughts as well. It is so great to hear that I’m not the only physician who answers the test question differently than the way I actually practice medicine.
It is really nice that I can do this on my iPhone. It is also convenient to do it on their website. Having the iPhone option is very convenient. Thanks!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- The American Board of Family Medicine, Inc.
- 68.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2017 American Board of Family Medicine
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.