Break your bad browsing habits and stay productive! The about:blank app helps you stay away from distracting websites.
• Privacy by default
about:blank cannot read your browser history.
• Block websites with surgical precision
The rules are based on regular expressions, allowing fine control over a blocked URL. For example, you can block the landing page of YouTube and still watch individual videos.
• Nosy people have no chance
Require authentication with FaceID/TouchID to access about:blank.
• Makes it hard to cheat
To help you stick to your rules, about:blank has an option that requires you to enter a random string to delete existing rules.
• Sync your rules across devices
Use about:blank on your iOS, iPad, and macOS without the need to maintain multiple rule lists.
MADE FOR IPHONE
about:blank is tailored to the iPhone with deep system integrations. A great example is
• An action extensions that allow you to block websites inside of Safari.
• Focus mode filters to configure in which focus mode to block websites.
• A beautiful dark mode, so the app doesn't distract you at night
GET ABOUT:BLANK TODAY
If you have any questions or feedback, please get in touch. I'll be glad to help you!
Added focus mode filters to configure in which focus mode to block websites.
Ratings and Reviews
Exactly what I wanted!
This app, unlike other “blocking” apps, allows you to drill down to specific web pages to block those without affecting the rest of the site. Perfect for if I want to isolate only certain parts of a site without having to block off the whole thing. I love it! It also has a video demonstration for how to use the app to generate the URL you want to block instead of copy-pasting and escaping all the special characters manually. It’s great!
Pretty great, maybe almost perfect
Pros: Minimalist interface with lots of room for configuration.
Cons (minor IMO, some easy fixes for dev tho):
- Works via Xcode, which means you need to type a \ before special characters (e.g. facebook\.com). For some reason, this app’s keyboard doesn’t have a “\” key. To manually type an address, I have to write it in “Notes” and copy it over.
- The first several times I launched it, it immediately came up with a full screen page asking me to enable it in Safari extensions when I already had. I almost thought I couldn’t use the app - turns out you can swipe down on that full screen page and get into the app. After quitting safari and a:b twice, it seemed to go away
- After putting in a website in correct format, there was a delay before that website was actually blocked. Not sure what triggered it finally. I thought app was broken and even downloaded a different app (Ochi), set it up, then realized this was working. I prefer this to Ochi, for now, due to its minimalist approach and minimal bloat.
- Also, I guess for sake of completion maybe this app is hard for non-technical people to use because software things like “\” before special characters may not be common knowledge ?? Idk, doubt anyone is reading this but figured I’d say it.
Very quick and easy
This feels like it could be part of Safari it’s been integrated so well. It’s unfortunate the technical name is probably why more people don’t buy it. My only gripe is the text gets truncated for some reason with larger text size. I could still figure out what it meant but that needs a little more spit and polish.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- frederik dudzik
- 21.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Frederik Dudzik
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.