Albuquerque at the Palm of your Hands. The City of Albuquerque's ABQ311 Mobile App allows the public to report Graffiti, Weed Complaints, Solid Waste Issues and more. With the application's GPS feature and the application's ability to capture a picture, reporting issues to the City is not only convenient, but efficient. Simply SEE-CLICK-FIX.
• Replace map with image to improve scrollability & load performance
• Variation in card layout for requests with or without images included
• Improved performance when initiating a comment from a card
• New commenting design and functionality that includes images in the request carousel (at top of detail view)
• Collapsable details section
• Links (including addresses, phone numbers, and emails) are now clickable in comments
• Request status log
• Additional request details available for service workers
• Clickable location/address section linked to map with toggle for satellite and standard map views & button for Apple maps directions for service workers
• Faster load performance
Ratings and Reviews
It's a start at least. This app works well on reporting trash, graffiti
It has potential... maybe?
It’s great that you can report issues but minutes after a report is created it gets a case number then it is closed. There is no investigation going on with any of the issues that have been reported. The was one in my neighborhood where a tree is blocking the view of a stop sigh. That was posted in September, now it’s July and no movement on it. Another example, someone reported a hurt dog in a yard and a month later there was still no response that anything had been resolved. They just open and close tickets as soon as they get them. So it looks real efficient if viewing “closed” tickets, it makes them feel they are solving problems. I would like to see stats on things they actually respond/investigate, if any at all.
Aside from the terrible customer service provided by the City of Albuquerque, this app has plenty of its own issues.
If I attempt to create a report or leave a comment, I get all the way to the end and get a “communication error” and then it loses EVERYTHING I had just input. I discovered I have to log out and log back in every time I come back to use the app. Deleting and re-installing works too, since it forces a new login. What a joke! How did the City not catch this?? Is there no QA/QC??
- City of Albuquerque
- 36.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Filipino, French, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Tagalog, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2008-2019 SeeClickFix, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.