SEVERE WEATHER ALERTING – WHERE IT MATTERS, WHEN IT MATTERS.
The Alabama SAF-T-Net® app alerts you to impending weather danger at locations like home, work or your kids’ school, so you can protect your family by knowing what’s coming—up to 15 minutes before the storm hits. It’s also a great year-round weather app, compete with current conditions, forecasts and an easy-to-use weather map with radar, satellite imagery and more.
Choose to receive any or all of these alert types:
• Special Baron alerts for dangerous storms approaching, as well as “twisting” storms that may cause tornadoes
• National Weather Service storm-based warnings for tornadoes, severe thunderstorms and flash floods
• Integrated weather alerts with Baron Tornado Index (BTI) rankings for up to four locations, including your current location
• Current and forecast conditions based on city, zip code or your current location
• Nationwide radar, satellite imagery, temperature and more
• User submission of storm photos to local emergency management offices
• Interactive weather map with pan and zoom
• National Hurricane Center (NHC) track forecast cones
• 3 and 7-day forecasts in both quick view and detailed formats
• National Weather Service county and storm-based warnings on the map
FEATURING THE BARON TORNADO INDEX® (BTI)
The Baron-exclusive alerts are accompanied by a simple 1-to-10 ranking on the likelihood of a tornado within the approaching storm cell. Called the Baron Tornado Index (BTI), this ranking is more local and accurate than regional alerts.
USE IT EVERY DAY
The Alabama SAF-T-Net app is also a powerful everyday weather app, with nationwide radar, forecasts, satellite imagery, current conditions and more. An easy-to-use slider lets you scan through the next 24 hours of forecasted conditions, so you can see what the weather will be like at times and locations important to you.
***NOTE FOR CURRENT SUBSCRIBERS TO TEXT MESSAGES, EMAILS AND VOICE CALLS FROM ALABAMA SAF-T-NET: To avoid receiving duplicate alerts from the app and your existing text/email/voice account, please text “stop” to 61872, or log in to your web-based account to disable your current alerts.
Visit the FAQ page at www.alabamasaftnet.com to learn how to disable alerts. It is recommended that you configure alerts in the app before disabling your original account to prevent disruption in alerting service. You can configure your weather notifications in the app by tapping the Alabama SAF-T-Net logo at the top-left of the screen, then tapping “SAF-T-Net Alerts” in the resulting menu tab. Then tap “Settings” at the top-right to set your preferences.
Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
The new update is too clunky.
I loved the app before the update. Now the radar map is too slow, the new layout is confusing, and everything just seems sort of compressed. The app used to be very accessible and streamlined, but now it takes me a few tries to find what im looking for. And did I mention the radar is waaaay too slow? It takes ten years to load, and then when it does, the radar moves too slow to track storms effectively.
Please fix this!
Very accurate and reliable, just wish it was compatible with the iPhone X screen size
This used to be a decent app, but they ruined it. If you download this app, you will get redundant alerts for things that you told it you didn’t even want to be alerted about. This is only useful if you like to be woken up every few hours because there is a little thunder 15 miles away. The one time I was under a tornado warning (the only alert I set it up for) it didn’t even provide the alert until 10 minutes after the warning was over. Horrible worthless app. Danger to public safety.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Baron Services, Inc.
- 120.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2020 Baron Services, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.