Alfred Remote is your personal command centre for Alfred for Mac. Your iPhone or iPad now becomes the perfect day-long companion to your Mac, giving you instant access to your favourite features, commands and workflows.
Alfred Remote needs to be on the same network as your Mac. Alfred 4 is recommended for the broadest range of features and best experience. Alfred 3.8.6 is the minimum requirement.
Alfred 4 for Mac is available from https://www.alfredapp.com/
WHAT CAN I DO WITH REMOTE?
With a single touch on your iOS device, you can control many Alfred actions on your Mac, including:
- Show Alfred on your Mac
- System Commands: Lock, restart, shut down, log out or sleep your Mac, eject all devices, quit all apps and empty trash
- Launch Applications and System Preferences on your Mac
- Open files and folders you've defined on your Mac
- Open websites and bookmarks, or pop up Alfred with a custom search filled in
- Replace hard to remember hotkey combinations and keywords with icons on iOS
If you're an Alfred 4 or Alfred 3 Powerpack user, you can control Powerpack features, such as:
- Quickly paste user-defined clipboard snippets into text fields and documents on your Mac
- Run user-defined scripts, AppleScripts and terminal commands
- Music.app on your Mac: Play, skip, even start playing random albums
- Connecting Remote to your favourite Alfred workflows gives almost limitless possibilities!
SETTING UP REMOTE
1. Ensure that your Mac and iOS device are on the same network
2. Open Alfred's Remote preferences on Mac and select 'Add iOS Remote'
3. Open Alfred Remote on iOS to the 'Add' screen, "Looking for Alfred"
4. Select your Mac when you see it appear on iOS, then type the passcode on your Mac
Your Mac and iOS device will now be securely connected, and the power of Alfred will be at your fingertips, making you even more productive!
Alfred Remote is a counterpart app which requires Alfred on Mac, and the ability to connect to it from your iPhone/iPad over Wi-Fi.
- Alfred Remote is available for iPhone & iPad on iOS 12+
- Alfred 4 is recommended for the best experience and new features. Minimum requirement is Alfred 3.8.6 on macOS 10.9+ on your Mac
- You'll need the ability to connect both your Mac and your iOS device to the same network through wired or Wi-Fi connection
- To control Alfred's Powerpack actions, you'll need the Powerpack for Alfred on your Mac
Take a look at https://www.alfredapp.com/ for more details about Alfred for Mac and Alfred Remote.
We've added bigger grids (up to 6x6), better Split View support and refreshed navigation.
- Updated to take advantage of modern iOS device sizes and layouts
- Rewritten framework for improved performance and future-proofing
- Improved navigation layout for faster page switching
- Additional features available when using Alfred 4.3.3 and above
- Button grids can now be up to 6x6 in size
- Button labels can be hidden for a cleaner look
Ratings and Reviews
Can, but why?
I know this app hasn’t been updated in a while, but it is a missed opportunity. The level of remote access that this has to my Mac could be used to do so much more. For starters, even having remote trackpad and keyboard and put on the phone or a presentation clicker mode would go along way to making this in your replaceable companion to the Mac Alfred experience.
There is no way to get access to arbitrary keyboard and mouse controls so you have to manually build workflows for any little thing you would want to do.
Does not connect.
I will request a refund.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Running with Crayons Ltd
- 1.5 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Running with Crayons Ltd
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.