Great Battles of the American Civil War is based on the ‘Great Battles of the American Civil War’ board games, which started with the classic game ‘Terrible Swift Sword’. This game recreates the significant battles of the American Civil War. Each scenario in this game is a grand tactical, regimental-level simulation of a single battle, enabling players to test their generalship under the same challenges faced by the Union and Confederate commanders.
- Historically accurate game play.
- Accurate Civil War units.
- Play as either the Union or Confederate side.
- 10 scenarios.
- 3 levels of difficulty.
- Five categories of unit quality.
- Different types of formations.
- Detailed combat analysis.
- In-depth reference charts.
- Advanced tactical features including:
- Map zoom.
- Strategic movement.
- Flank attacks.
- Low ammo.
- Unit disruption.
- Wilson's Creek
- Pea Ridge
- Kernstown 'Historical' Scenario
- Kernstown 'Breakthrough' Scenario
- Cedar Mountain 'Control' Scenario
- Cedar Mountain 'Offensive' Scenario
- Pleasant Hill
- Monocacy Junction 'Delayed Arrival' Scenario
- Monocacy Junction 'Prompt Arrival' Scenario
Scenarios coming soon in a free update:
- Shiloh 'Confederate Attack' Scenario
- Shiloh ''The First Day' Scenario' Scenario
Add: A whole new way to play, 'Historical Mode'. This is now an option on starting a new mission.
Add: Change log for all updates in the latest edition of the game.
Add: Change log to the help menu.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent - but beware of any updates
This has some heavy weight battles and good features. Atmosphere is proper and the recent Arcade-ish animation that has wrecked their other Civil War games has not been applied .... yet.
Beware of that - and block it if it comes or your troopers will be popping around like Super Mario Brothers.
Excellent strategy game, challenging
This is the brigade level strategy game I’ve been looking for. My one criticism is that the interface is a bit wonky - but this is barely noticeable, and I certainly would not downgrade it for that. The scenarios are challenging enough that you need to study the terrain to win the scenarios by the time limit. The A.I. is pretty tough.
Slow and buggy.
When you get it to play it crashes in the zoom map/part or whenever it wants. Mine just locked me out won’t even boot up anymore. No refunds, buyer beware.
- HexWar Games Ltd
- 246.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2017 HexWar Games Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.