Land your troops on the beaches of northern France, lay bridges to cross flooded enemy defences, avoid tanktraps, clear the area of dangerous minefields, overcome the enemy and claim the beachhead for the Allies! Tank Battle: Normandy is a historical wargame themed around the Allied invasion of Axis held in Europe on the 6th of June, 1944. Play as the Allies, British or Americans as many new units enter the theatre for the first time. Or, play as the Germans as they use their impressive arrays of heavy tanks, bunker emplacements and artillery to repel the invasion forces.
The invasion missions are a careful recreation of the naval landings at Omaha, Utah, Sword and Gold beaches. The other missions are a mixture of themed and historical battles that challenge even the most skilled wargamers. From the lush and forested bocage and fortified beaches of Northern France where tank is king, to tight urban environs where infantry units can rule all, Tank Battle: Normandy requires the player to be at the top of their game!
Enjoy Airborne Landings, bridge-laying tanks, mine-clearing tanks, bunker assaulting AVRE's, Fireflies and Kangaroo’s. Typical mission objectives include; escorting units, holding positions, capturing points, repairing units and, the ever-popular, destroy the enemy army.
The game system represents a major upgrade of the already successful engine used throughout the Tank Battle series and enjoys a number of new features and refinements.
Key Game Features:
● High Definition World War II era graphics.
● 23 Missions to play through, including 4 large-scale beach invasions.
● Play as the British in the 8 Mission ‘First Strike’ tutorial campaign introducing off-screen bombardment and landing craft. Includes a full-scale mission.
● Play as the Americans in the 4 Mission ‘Invasion’ Campaign.
● Play as the British in the 6 Mission ‘Assault’ Campaign.
● Play as the Germans in the 5 Mission ‘Counterattack’ Campaign.
● Over 100 unique units!
● Specialist D-Day 'Funnies' units including: Churchill Bridgelayer, M4 Sherman Crab minesweepers, M4 Sherman DD floating tanks, ● LCT and LCVP landing crafts.
● New defensive German units including: bunkers and gun emplacements.
● High Definition grassland and beach terrains.
● Four troop classes; Raw, Average, Veteran and Elite.
● Other Game Features; detailed combat analysis, flank attacks, strategic movement, indirect fire, mounting and dismounting from vehicles, multi-level hills, minesweepers, bridge-laying.
● Hours of game play.
● Map zoom.
● Additional Purchasable Campaigns.
Purchasable Extra Content:
● 8 Mission 'Breakout' Campaign, playing as the Americans.
● 8 Mission 'Pursuit' Campaign, playing as the British.
● 6 mission Overlord! campaign.
Find us on Facebook – facebook.com/HexWar
Follow us on Twitter - @HexwarGames
Game Forum - hexwar.com/forums
Thank you for supporting our games!
© 2015 HexWar Games Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Fix: An issue with some particle effects.
Ratings and Reviews
Great game, but "Standard" is often "Difficult"
If anyone has found a way to win the Counterattack/Surrounded mission in Standard mode, I would sure like to know! It seems impossible to me, and I can win most other missions in Standard mode. Either there is a secret I'm missing, or it's just impossible.
Could be good with a little quality control
Early maps are incredibly long and overly complicated - as well as extremely difficult on the hard level. After that, they balance out. Had hex war done any beta testing at all, they would have realized they are scaring off future buyers with maps that take almost an hour to complete, and even then are almost impossible to win.
The final map, "fortified," is apparently an Easter egg: it is mathematically impossible to win this on the hard level. Had they included it as a "bonus challenge" or something, that would have been ok, but to treat it as an actual map is insulting - people waste their time not realizing this is a joke. Hence the one star.
Update: I thought that I’d give the game a try after a year, to see if any progress had been made. On the contrary, the morons who run this game actually made it worse! Now there are levels that can’t be completed even on the “casual” setting. Apple need to remove this developer from iTunes.
Complex and Challenging
This isn’t a five minute do it and be done game. Even in casual mode it will keep you engaged for each scenario. The complexity is there so you can play scenarios over and try different strategies of being super aggressive or defensive and many options in between. There are enough variables like air support that you can’t get comfortable and have to keep thinking ahead. I have played their other tank games and this is a step up.
- HexWar Games Ltd
- 386.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2015 HexWar Games Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Breakout Campaign $1.99
- Pursuit Campaign $1.99
- Overlord! Campaign $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.