Civil War: 1862 12+
HexWar Games Ltd
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Civil War: 1862 is the prequel to the highly acclaimed Civil War: 1863, incorporating the detailed strategic gameplay of the original while adding major new features and improvements such as flank attacks and strategic movement. Melee combat has also been given greater emphasis and the range of troop quality has been expanded to include elite units.
The game gives a unique wargaming experience on iPhone and iPad and includes 14 historical battles from the American Civil War in 1862, thirteen of which can be played as either side. Five additional campaigns featuring many more historical battles are also available via in-app purchase.
Key Game Features:
● High Definition Civil War Era Graphics.
● 8 Mission 'Tutorial' campaign.
● 5 Mission 'Fix Bayonets' campaign.
● 8 Mission 'Steel and Thunder' campaign.
● All missions can be played as both sides (except the tutorial).
● 8 Unique Civil War Units:
- Infantry with Muskets.
- Infantry with Rifled Muskets.
- Naval Gunboats.
- Dismounted and Mounted Cavalry.
● Four classes of infantry - Raw, Average, Veteran and Elite.
● Different infantry formations: unformed, line for shooting and column for charging!
● Detailed Combat Analysis.
● Flank Attacks .
● Strategic Movement.
● Hours of Gameplay.
● Universal App (Works on iPhone & iPad).
Purchasable Extra Content:
● 8 Mission 'Colossus' campaign.
● 8 Mission 'Fresh Troops' campaign.
● 8 Mission 'Death and Glory' campaign.
● 8 Mission 'Broken Line' campaign.
● 8 Mission 'Shot and Shell' campaign comprising a series on non-historical game challenges.
● 8 Mission 'The Great Struggle.' campaign.
Thank you for supporting our games!
© 2013 Hunted Cow Studios Ltd. © 2013 HexWar Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Fix: An issue with full screen resolution not being detected correctly on some Apple Mac displays.
Fix: Some sound effects not playing following the last update.
Fix: The campaign names did not always display correctly in the campaign victory display.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs a reset
Love playing these games I have all of them 62-65. Only problem I have is that there is no way to reset your progress to zero. It's kinda nice that you can go back and play any level you want. But If you want to replay the game from the start you still have all your progress saved. Makes it hard to keep up with where you are on the play through. Even if you delete the app and reinstall it still keeps your progress. If there is a way to delete the progress I can't find it!! Very annoying but then I keep playing, so...
Peninsular War All Over Again
I’ll be honest, I gave up on continuing the final campaign, and the reason for it being the rather unreasonable conditions of some of the mission objectives. Sure, they may seem reasonable at first, but then you blindsided by enemy troops that spawn in right next to the objectives you’ve just captured, thereby losing you the mission because you weren’t given any warning until it was too late. But it isn’t just the last campaign that is rife with unreasonably difficult missions; in just about every campaign past the ones you get in the base game, there’s at least one or two missions that cannot be done feasibly on normal difficulty without having to take several hours in between attempts trying to process what you need to do. Manassas station is among the worst offender in this aspect, as I refuse to play that mission anymore after finally completing it, simply because of how borderline unwinnable it is for the CSA.
I’ll give it this much, the game is bearable compared to Peninsular War, but shoving in missions that aren’t even remotely balanced isn’t going to make the game fun, it’s just going to turn away customers. I personally wouldn’t recommend this game, but you can try it at your own risk. Stick to 1863 or 1864.
Side note: Really disappointed that Antietam wasn’t covered; that’s like, one of the most important battles of THAT year…
Fun little wargame.
Nothing particularly extraordinary here. Your basic 20th century hex-based tactical US civil war game with an adequate AI for what is required of it. Kinda flavorless, in terms of sound effects, special rules and music, and it could have used a good UI pass. But still enjoyable. It's fun to charge the enemy's guns and to drive his army before you. I consider my 2 bucks well spent. If you like the free version, buy it.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- HexWar Games Ltd
- 316.5 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2013 HexWar Games Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Colossus Campaign $1.99
- Fresh Troops Campaign $1.99
- Death and Glory Campaign $1.99
- Shot and Shell Campaign $1.99
- Broken Line Campaign $1.99
- The Great Struggle Campaign $1.99