Civil War: 1862 is the prequel to the highly acclaimed Civil War: 1863, incorporating the detailed strategic gameplay of the original while adding major new features and improvements such as flank attacks and strategic movement. Melee combat has also been given greater emphasis and the range of troop quality has been expanded to include elite units.
The game gives a unique wargaming experience on iPhone and iPad and includes 14 historical battles from the American Civil War in 1862, thirteen of which can be played as either side. Five additional campaigns featuring many more historical battles are also available via in-app purchase.
Key Game Features:
● High Definition Civil War Era Graphics.
● 8 Mission 'Tutorial' campaign.
● 5 Mission 'Fix Bayonets' campaign.
● 8 Mission 'Steel and Thunder' campaign.
● All missions can be played as both sides (except the tutorial).
● 8 Unique Civil War Units:
- Infantry with Muskets.
- Infantry with Rifled Muskets.
- Naval Gunboats.
- Dismounted and Mounted Cavalry.
● Four classes of infantry - Raw, Average, Veteran and Elite.
● Different infantry formations: unformed, line for shooting and column for charging!
● Detailed Combat Analysis.
● Flank Attacks .
● Strategic Movement.
● Hours of Gameplay.
● Universal App (Works on iPhone & iPad).
Purchasable Extra Content:
● 8 Mission 'Colossus' campaign.
● 8 Mission 'Fresh Troops' campaign.
● 8 Mission 'Death and Glory' campaign.
● 8 Mission 'Broken Line' campaign.
● 8 Mission 'Shot and Shell' campaign comprising a series on non-historical game challenges.
Thank you for supporting our games!
© 2013 Hunted Cow Studios Ltd. © 2013 HexWar Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Fix: Cavalry can now dismount in terrain.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs a reset
Love playing these games I have all of them 62-65. Only problem I have is that there is no way to reset your progress to zero. It's kinda nice that you can go back and play any level you want. But If you want to replay the game from the start you still have all your progress saved. Makes it hard to keep up with where you are on the play through. Even if you delete the app and reinstall it still keeps your progress. If there is a way to delete the progress I can't find it!! Very annoying but then I keep playing, so...
Fun little wargame.
Nothing particularly extraordinary here. Your basic 20th century hex-based tactical US civil war game with an adequate AI for what is required of it. Kinda flavorless, in terms of sound effects, special rules and music, and it could have used a good UI pass. But still enjoyable. It's fun to charge the enemy's guns and to drive his army before you. I consider my 2 bucks well spent. If you like the free version, buy it.
Enjoyable and fun to play from both ends.
- Hunted Cow Studios Ltd.
- 339.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2013 Hunted Cow Studios Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Colossus Campaign $1.99
- Fresh Troops Campaign $1.99
- Death and Glory Campaign $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.