Ask most historical strategy gamers about World War Two and not many would have thought there were any tank battles in the Pacific Theatre of World War Two. They did happen, and they happened often, but they never matched the scale of the Western Theatre. Starting in China in the 1930's the Chinese engaged the Japanese using Russian T26's and German Panzer I's. The Japanese fought the Russians in 1939 and 1945, the Soviets with the one of the world's greatest generals, Zhukov, in command!
In 1941 the French in Vietnam briefly fought the Japanese with World War One era tanks. In Burma and India, British Commonwealth forces regularly engaged in battle using equipment that would have been considered obsolete on the West Front. Finally the titanic struggle between the Japanese and United States of American resulted in dozens of tank engagements.
Even the Island War battles saw some engagements with over 30 Japanese tanks in a single mass assault. Tank Battle: Pacific attempts to create many of these battles with a mixture of historical battles and themed scenarios that capture the experience of being a tank commander in the Pacific Theatre in World War Two.
Fight battles between Japan, France, China, Russia, British Commonwealth and The United States of America. The game has a wide range of features from the tank battles of Northern Manchuria to the battlefields of Burma and the landings on the Pacific Islands. The game even includes a what-if scenario for Operation Olympic, the invasion of the Japanese homelands.
The game system is a major upgrade of the already successful Tank Battle game engine from HexWar.
Key Game Features:
● 15 Missions to play through, including 2 large-scale beach invasions.
● Play as the Japanese in the 8 Mission ‘First Strike’ tutorial campaign, concluding with a full-scale mission.
● Play as the Chinese versus the Japanese in the ‘Bonus’ Campaign (1 Mission).
● Play as the Japanese versus the French, then Chinese, then Americans in the 3 Mission ‘Rising Sun’ Campaign.
● Play as the Americans versus the Japanese in the 3 Mission ‘Eclipse’ Campaign.
● Over 123 unique units!
● High Definition World War II era graphics.
● Specialist units such as LV'Ts (Landing Craft Tank), LVCP's (Landing Craft), Engineers and the ubiquitous LVT (Landing Vehicle Tracked)
● Japanese bunkers and other fortifications.
● Japanese Infiltration units.
● Japanese 'Nikuhaku' anti-tank suicide units.
● High Definition grassland and beach terrains.
● Four troop classes; Raw, Average, Veteran and Elite.
● Other Game Features; detailed combat analysis, flank attacks, strategic movement, indirect fire, mounting and dismounting from vehicles, multi-level hills and minesweepers.
● Hours of game play.
● Map zoom.
Purchasable Extra Content:
● Play as the Japanese versus the British Commonwealth in a 5 mission 'Empire' campaign.
● Play as the British Commonwealth versus the Japanese in a 5 mission 'Commonwealth' campaign.
● Play as the Soviet Union versus the Japanese in a 3 mission 'Red Bear' campaign.
Find us on Facebook – facebook.com/HexWar
Follow us on Twitter - @HexWarGames
Game Forum - hexwar.com/forums
Thank you for supporting our games!
© 2015 HexWar Games Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Add: Support for the Metal graphics system on all Apple devices, improving graphics performance.
Add: Weapon animations.
Change: Reduction in the download size.
Change: Improved: computer player A.I.
Fix: Some projectile animations not displaying.
Fix: Some screen layout issues.
Fix: Missing some mount/dismount buttons.
Ratings and Reviews
Not enough content
This is a nice little game. I mean little. There is one tutorial and two campaigns included, another campaign that can be unlocked if you give up your email address and three more you have to buy. I'm not saying it's not worth it, but it was disappointing to find so little gameplay in the original purchase.
Great Hex War Game But Only 7 Maps
I play a lot of hex war games and this may be my favorite one of the tank battle series because of the amphibious landing scenarios. But, they only give you two 3-game episodes and one bonus game. Every additional episode is an add on for pay. This is not a good value as far as these games go. I would have given 5 stars but for that.
This game is great. I've played all the WW2 versions and enjoyed them all. I'm actually kinda addicted I think, since I'm always checking to see if more have been added. Please make more of them, a battle of the bulge, maybe a larger scale European and pacific battle. Hell even a sea battle would be amazing!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- HexWar Games Ltd
- 323.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2015 HexWar Games Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Commonwealth Campaign $1.99
- Empire Campaign $1.99
- Red Bear Campaign $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.