AmuseIT is an activity that has been designed to stimulate the minds of people with dementia, bundled into one easy to use app for a touch screen tablet.
We’ve all heard the old saying ‘use it or lose it’, well this activity is designed to do just that in a fun way which everyone can enjoy.
Stimulating the minds of people with dementia has been limited until now. This activity is perfect for this while offering so much more. Using AmuseIT will prompt memories and conversation that is meaningful and enjoyable. It can help bridge the inter-generational gap, providing opportunities for engagement.
It combines beautiful pictures and quizzes on a wide variety of subjects so there’s something of interest for all users. Fonts, contrast, images, screen technology, question difficulty and ease of use have all been factored into the development.
• Question level set automatically for each quiz;
• Dementia friendly user interface;
• Age appropriate questions;
• Flexibility to determine the number of questions;
• Full application runs in offline mode;
• One touch answer or the option to change your answer before checking.
The slide show mode option has been added to allowing the next question to display automatically.
New questions have been added.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.