Ancient Battle: Hannibal is the newest edition to the Ancient Battles series. Experience the magnificence of the Punic Wars, as you follow Hannibal on his crucial campaign against Rome. Based upon, and a major upgrade to, the game system developed for Ancient Battle: Rome, a game that was the No.1 strategy game on the App Store in 8 different countries. Ancient Battle: Hannibal introduces many new game features including multi-level hills to elevate your strategic opportunities when commanding vast armies.
Fight the battles of the Second Punic War between Carthage and Rome. Each campaign is themed around battles between Hannibal's armies and their cunning opponents in the four geographical regions of Italy, Spain, Sicily and Africa. Hannibal's inspired tactics and leadership made him one of Rome's most dangerous enemies and possibly the greatest general of all time. Can you match his achievements on the battlefield?
Key Game Features:
- High Definition Ancient Era Graphics.
- 7 Mission 'Tutorial' campaign ending with a unique skirmish battle.
- 4 Mission 'Sicily' campaign, featuring battles from the First Punic War, including the battle of Bagradas.
- 8 Mission 'Italy' campaign featuring the decisive battles of Lake Trasimene and Cannae.
- The 'Africa' and 'Spain' campaigns are available via in-app purchase.
- All missions, except the tutorial, can be played as both sides.
- 38 Unique Ancient units including Roman Hastati, Spanish Scutarii, Bolt Throwers and Elephants.
- Four classes of infantry: Raw, Average, Veteran and Elite.
- Detailed Combat Analysis.
- Flank Attacks
- Strategic Movement.
- Hours of Gameplay.
Purchasable Extra Content:
- 4 Mission 'Africa' campaign, featuring Hannibal's major defeat at the great battle of ‘Zama’.
- 6 Mission 'Spain' campaign, ending the with battle of Ilipa.
Thank you for supporting our games!
© 2014 Hunted Cow Studios Ltd.
© 2014 HexWar Ltd.
All Rights Reserved.
Fix: Some sound effects not playing following the last update.
Fix: An issue with image scaling on older Apple iOS devices.
Update: Campaign map graphics. It is now clearer which campaigns have been completed.
Ratings and Reviews
The game is awesome, I have extremely enjoyed it. Hope there is more to come in the ancient battle category.
A Bit Anticlimatic
Not really a bad game, but I do feel like some scenarios (particularly the ones in Africa) just aren’t as epic in execution as that in other games. Also, the first mission for the Romans in Africa seems bugged, and I just found it easier to destroy the enemy army rather than lure them into the trap.
Otherwise, not that bad of a game, but I believe Rome succeeds more in the ancient battle experience
Good basic game
Graphics could be better. Good play with combining cavalry tactics and infantry assaults. Wish cavalry skirmishes could launch javelins and then move not just move and throw but throw and then move
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Hunted Cow Studios Ltd.
- 632 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2014 HexWar Games Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Spain Campaign $1.99
- Africa Campaign $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.