AnimalWatch VI Suite
The AnimalWatch VI Suite app for iPad helps students with visual impairments (VI) improve middle school math skills. Students learn about endangered and invasive species such as the Great White Shark, Black Rhino and Burmese Python as they solve word problems targeting unit conversion, percentages, fractions, and more. Students can tap the screen to listen, use VoiceOver, enlarge text, or connect to a refreshable braille display. Color, contrast and font size can be adjusted to maximize visual access. An integrated scratch pad is available for users with some vision. Students get immediate audio feedback on their answers, and hints to guide them to success. Designed by experts in the education of students with visual impairment at The University of Arizona with support from the US Dept. of Education’s Institute of Education Sciences (R324A120006) and extensively tested with students with mild, moderate and severe vision loss, the app improves math skills, encourages independent work, and is fun too! Visit the AnimalWatch Vi Web Site for Accessible Graphics and More: https://awvis.aphtech.org/
• App includes 24 units, each with 6 word problems
• Environmental science content is engaging and authentic
• Math content is aligned with the Common Core Standards for Grades 6 and 7
• May also be helpful for students with print disabilities
• Contact Dr. L. Penny Rosenblum (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- website update
- the app’s Administration screen displays info about the website, and links to it
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- American Printing House for the Blind
- 71.3 MB
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 9–11
- © 2017 University of Arizona