QUICK ONLINE REFERENCE IN CLINICAL LIFE
Gain easy access to the award-winning AO Surgery Reference. AO Surgery Reference is an online repository for surgical knowledge. It describes the complete surgical management process from diagnosis to aftercare for all fractures of a given anatomical region, and also assembles relevant material that the AO has published before. It gives access to:
• aid in surgical decision making for 353 fracture types
• 172 approaches
• 1222 surgical procedures
• all richly illustrated with more than 30'000 Illustrations
and much more.
To ensure the quality of the content, it is authored, edited, and peer reviewed by experienced AO Faculty from all over the world, some of which are also well-known textbook authors/editors.
This is a relaunch of the AO Surgery Reference app utilizing the same responsive user interface that was released February 2020.
The highlights are:
• Consistent navigational logic and user experience on all screen sizes
• Inclusion of feline, canine, and equine fracture care
• Combination of Preparation – Approach – Reduction and Fixation – Aftercare into one step called treatment.
• Introduction of a powerful search function, allowing simplifications of the user interface as it replaces previous shortcuts.
- Fixed sharing via iMessage and E-mail
Ratings and Reviews
The best kind of effort put in to orthopaedics world!
I'm seriously impressed by the way this app works, it's a huge benefit for any orthopaedic surgeon who is about to deal with a variety of cases after stepping in to operation theatre each morning, surgeons might already know most of the stuff present here but still they can over look in many situations.
This app helps in restoring what is to be there in your might at this particular moment, and all this is done by AO' in other words what they decide dictums in orthopaedic world.
Amazing detail! I am a medical student and this is a perfect app for quickly previewing and reviewing procedures. I am very impressed by the concise but extensive nature of the info available through this app. I wish there were more apps out there like this one. Not quite all parts of the anatomy are covered yet, but most are and I am sure the rest will make their way into the app soon, so this qualification should in no way deter anyone interested from downloading the app.
App is excellent for surgical approaches, both long bone and facial fractures. Recently, app had issues with new iPhone update, but these have been resolved. Very good reference, especially being free.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- 7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2010 AO Foundation, Switzerland
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.