The Cinematic Machine
Aparillo is an advanced 16 voice FM synth tailored for complex sound structures , majestic motions, moving and evolving soundscapes and atmospheres that are perfect for film, TV or games.
It‘s not limited to the conventional fm sounds but also delivers a huge range of styles from basses to brasses, pads to leads to even percussion.
••• SYNTH •••
It is based on two interacting FM Synthesizers capable of forming the most complex timbres. A clever arrangement of synthesis, wave shaping, filtering, FX and modulation unfolds into a serious sound design tool for epic sonic creation. Aparillo uses many parameters that can be modulated for individual adjustments PER voice. Each of the sixteen voices interact with almost two dozen targets in a variety of ways for a continuous transformation and to create endless rhythms and melodic progressions.
••• FX •••
The integrated effects include a free-signalflow Filter/Spacial Comb device, a polyphonic Auto Pan with multiple waveforms, the obligatory Delay, our finest Reverb algorithm, and a Sugar Bytes innovation, the Spacializer. This is a very special breed of delay based effect, which can work as a delay, reverb or tuned comb filter and can add room, plucked strings or even pinged percussion to your sound.
••• ORBITER •••
The superstar of Aparillo is the Orbiter, an instinctual "mass-controller" you move through Aparillo's endless sonic universes for one-touch sound morphing. That finally gives you unlimited control over new grounds of sound manipulation. Aparillo for iPad will seamlessly integrate with your mobile studio setup.
We built in MIDI support (Virtual, Network, External, Bluetooth), Audio Unit v3 and Ableton Link.
Syncing your presets to use them accross other devices couldn't be easier with iCloud.
Enjoy Aparillo, the more you dig into it the more you fall in love with it!
• Standalone & Audio Unit v3
• FM Synthesizer with 16 Voices
• Formant Shifting, Wave Folding & Shifting
• Multi-Mode Filter with Spacializer
• Orbiter for one-touch Sound Morphing
• 500 handpicked Presets
• Ableton Link Support
• Full MIDI Support (Virtual, Network, External, Bluetooth), MIDI Learn & Host Automation
• Preset iCloud Sync
• Preset Share
- UI improvements and minor bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Dark Gregorian Cyborg Monk Approved
Spooky good. No doubt it can crank out bright and bouncy too. I just haven't gotten there yet. Only half way through the manual, of which, I probably only truely understand about a quarter 🤪. Any effort by developers (all developers, not just Sugar) to provide 'Help' is always appreciated, however, I really wish they would start by "defining their terms" in detail. The Sugar Bytes videos for Aparillo rank among the best I've seen from music app developers for an affordable iOS synth. That said, I may grab one of those apps that supposedly slows down video and audio without affecting the pitch ;) and rewatch them. Have barely dented sampling the presets because there are so many settings I can tweak I'm constantly getting rabbit-holed (I know, a real first-world sort of problem). Have been running it for several days as an AUM instrument and it is solid, not a resource hog (iOS12.3), and really "plays well with others." All the key controls/settings are also available for MIDI tweaking. My guess is, if you like Cyborg or Factory then you are going to appreciate Aparillo as much or more (probably more). Aparillo is a long-play generative music gem.
Best in Class Sound (from a pro dev)
I'm a pro iOS dev and serious amateur musician who owns nearly every iOS synth app.
While there are many great iOS synths, Aparillo truly sets itself apart as a top-5 synth on this platform:
- 12 filter types x 5 spatial settings (pre- or post-filter) = 120 filter configs
- an orbit setting that is like a love-child between Animoog and Jasuto on steroids
- intricate & truly useful displays inside each fader that show current effect level and waveform info (hard to put in words, you have to see it to believe)
- tons of extremely usable presets that can be tweaked to infinity
- best-in-class reverb & delay quality, could pass for Eventide
There are a few cons, which is understandable since it is version 1.0.3:
- not obvious how to show all the MIDI CC mappings or change them; some are a simple long press but others (like mod source assignment) don't have a clear way to toggle between settings
- some UI graphics are low-rez/look pixelated on iPad Pro 11" (2020)
- only one init patch (would be nice to have more templates)
- does not respond to MIDI program change messages
Incredible and Powerful
I’m loving playing with and learning this synth. There are so many possibilities for new and fresh sounds. My only complaint so far is that after a few minutes the keys tend to start sticking as if there is a hold function on and I have to close and restart the app to make it stop.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.