"AR Solar System" turns your device into a telescope in augmented reality for the observation of the planets of the Solar System.
Choose and place a planet or several planets in the scene: in your home (in the air, on the floor, on a table, on a wall, on any horizontal surface) or outside the home (ex. open sky)...
Observe the planets of our Solar System as you've never seen them before!
The planets available for observation are:
Sun, Mercury, Venus, Earth, Moon, Mars, Ceres, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, Haumea, Makemake, Eris
The software uses the information available on the planets of the Solar System to animate the rotations of the planets: every second corresponds to one hour, each planet rotates at the real speed, in the direction of real rotation.
For each planet data are available such as size, rotation period, period of revolution, type of atmosphere, gravity, etc...
Walk in the scene with your legs moving between the planets (like travel in space) and observe them with your device like a telescope:
- approaching the planet you will see more details such as craters, valleys, plains, mountain ranges, etc...
- moving away from the planet, you will see the planet entirely or more planets together
- turning around the planet you can see the side of interest or simulate the flight of a spaceship orbiting the planet
- by moving over or under the planet you will be able to observe its poles
Interacting manually with the planets you can:
- Move the planet in the real scene (pan gesture: dragging a finger on the planet)
- Enlarge and shrink the planet (pinch gesture: pinching the planet)
- Rotate the planet around its axis of rotation (rotation gesture: rotating the planet with two fingers); manual rotation deactivates the automatic one
- Remove the planet from the scene (long press gesture: holding a finger on the planet for half a second)
- Add a new planet to the scene by touching the desired position (using horizontal plane in real world or feature points)
- Select a planet from the scene and display its characteristics (double tap gesture: tap a planet twice with a finger)
Background of the scene:
in the presence of light in the real world the milky way and the stars (deep space) are projected as the background of the planets on the walls of your house or in the sky if you are outdoors;
in the absence of light (or covering the camera with a finger) moving in the scene will seem to travel in deep space (virtual reality feature… the real world will be removed from the scene).
Useful for all those who love to observe the planets of the Solar System in every detail, for teachers, scholars, students, astronomers, etc...
- You pay only once and run on all your devices
- Added “Solar System” button to visualize all the planets of the Solar System with one touch (scale model)
- Added help button
- Minor bugs fixed
- Gianluca Natalini
- 73.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch (7th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Gianluca Natalini - NGCYBIT Robotics
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.