ArcGIS Earth is designed for everyone and provides user-friendly 3D experiences.
ArcGIS Earth allows you to use a variety of items from ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Enterprise, local data, and web services:
• Browse web scenes, map services, image services, scene services, and feature services.
• Browse local files including mobile scene packages (MSPK), KML, KMZ, tile packages, and scene layer packages (SLPK).
• Support has been added for Living Atlas of the World.
• Connect to ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise.
• Tap to identify features.
• Support has been added for collecting, editing, and sharing placemarks.
• Interactive analysis tools include Measure, Line of Sight, and Viewshed.
• Create and share tours with geotagged photos.
• Search for places and switch locators.
• Start-up tips and guidance for hand gestures are included.
• Record and preview GPS tracks, and share with your organization.
Fixed some bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
Great Mobile App
Great alternative to that other Earth app but I would like to see some better iPad optimizations (Please add landscape mode and pencil support).
Sloppy effort given what we pay for ArcGIS
As a beta, I viewed the app as having potential. Ironically though, since its official release, it is just a waste of storage space. I have tested this app on every platform and, with the exception of IOS, I can see the content from “My Content” that is saved in ArcGIS online. On my iPhones (multiple), it shows no content. As there are far better apps for just viewing the world on a map, that makes ArcGIS Earth completely useless. What is the point if I cannot visualize anything more than canned data? BTW, ArcGIS Explorer for IOS easily displays the data from “My Content.” The issue is limited solely to this app and only since official release.
Developer Response ,
I am sorry to hear your issues using ArcGIS Earth. ArcGIS Earth supports to display and load data of Image/Scene/Feature/Map Services, KML/KMZ, Web scenes, Mobile Scene Packages from Portal. Can you share your issue screenshots or more details to ArcGISEarth_Feedback@esri.com so that we could research the issue you encountered?
ArcGIS Earth Team
Needs Apple Watch Support
I like the app. It works fine and automatically saves the track to my ArcGIS Online account. I recommend that you log into your ArcGIS Online account before you are in the field. I was able to log a track of the 2022 San Diego Rock’n’Roll 5K. However, it will drain your phone’s battery faster than expected. That is why I would REALLY like the app to have the controls work from my Apple Watch.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 132.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2023 Esri.Inc