ArtikPix - Full is an engaging articulation app with flashcard and matching activities for children with speech sound delays. Among the many features in ArtikPix - Full, group scoring is available with an unlimited number of students per group in the flashcard and matching activities. Scores can be collected as students practice sounds in words and sentences.
Utilizing fun and modern graphics, ArtikPix - Full has all 24 decks with 40 cards each (113 cards in r deck, 1,033 total cards) for the following sounds: b, ch, d, f, g, h, j, k, l, l-blends, m, n, p, r, r-blends, s, s-blends, sh, t, th, v, w, y, z. As part of a step-by-step process, decks and corresponding sound positions are configured for student profiles. The configurations are saved for each student, so they are automatically available in the activities.
In ArtikPix - Full, the flashcard and matching activities have features in common like audio and video recording, default audio, and group scoring. The activities do have differences, though. The flashcard activity includes word and sentence levels; whereas, the matching activity includes the word level with 3 matching levels: Easy (3 pairs), Medium (6 pairs), and Hard (10 pairs).
ArtikPix - Full includes the following features:
• Group scoring for an unlimited number of students
• A wizard (aka setup assistant) provides a step-by-step process to easily configure the following for each new student: name, decks, sound positions, syllable lengths, grammatical levels (word, sentence), and matching level
• A student profile provides an easy way to view student notes and scores, and to update student configurations
• Auto-play of default audio
• Tap-to-play default audio
• Audio and video recording features - videos can be saved to your camera roll
• Collect data by tallying independent and prompted responses for student sound positions (e.g., initial th, er)
• Take notes for a student in or out of a session
• Tallied data is automatically converted to percentage based data
• Student data organized by sessions that are open or completed; the latter of which can be reopened
• Create custom cards for use in the flashcard and matching activities
• Data rings provide a better view of student scores
• Export student data for a range of dates to report progress during a period of time
• Configurable options across the app for audio (e.g., tap-to-play), and visual (e.g., hide matched cards).
• Undo tallying mistakes by tapping the undo button at the bottom of each activity screen
- Firebase Crashlytics integration
- Copyright information updated
Ratings and Reviews
Engaging, easy to take anywhere!
I am a SLPA working with kids with various levels of speech impairment- Pre-K through 5th grade. I also have used this with my nephew and my own sons. ALL of the kids enjoy this app.
I work at multiple sites, and this is a very portable and motivating way to get the kids to practice their speech sounds. I've used this before and after the update, and I really appreciate the new sentence feature! I also prefer the the simplicity of the ArtikPix images over the images used in my traditional flashcard decks- they are more easily identifiable and relatable, in my opinion.
There are two improvements that would probably make me chuck the laminated flashcards completely: the ability to add our own cards and/or create and save custom groups of cards, and the ability to score more than one child in a session, such as in a group turn-taking situation. Those changes would be icing on the cake!
Thanks again for a very handy app!
Still love it!
I’ve used this app for years and I still love it. My students love it too.
This app is almost perfect! It has words and sentences, in all word positions, and I love the audio voice record so the kids can play back and listen to their own productions. (They are very excited about this, too.) It is VERY easy to use. I bought it yesterday and my students have spent their whole therapy sessions on it today; they especially like to have their own picture signify when it is their turn. Even the flashcards are more fun than traditional ones. It is flexible because you can require the student to say the word as many times as you want so that you get multiple productions. This app has just enough data tracking features to track quickly (and not too many that I wouldn't even use, as I've seen in other apps). It even has /p, b, m/ which are less common sounds to work on. My only suggestions for improvement would be to split R into the different vocalic types (er, ear, air, etc.). I also wish it would turn "landscape" with my iPad because the type of case I have only stands it sideways--but the app is vertical.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Expressive Solutions LLC
- 107.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2021 Expressive Solutions LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.