ArtRage Vitae is the Premium Natural Painting application for mobile devices.
The most advanced simulation of real paint on iOS! Get creative on a digital canvas with smearing, blending oils, delicate watercolor, and much more! Ever wanted to try painting your masterpiece but were put off by the mess and expense? Now you can!
ArtRage Vitae isn't just about color: It knows how much paint you've used so you can smear it around to spread it over the canvas. It knows how wet your paint is so you can blend it with other paints. It even knows about the roughness of your paper so your pencils can be used for soft shading.
It's not just a special effect either - ArtRage Vitae is a live simulation of the properties of real artistic media that lets you can get creative with colors and textures using tools you already know how to use!
ArtRage Vitae takes full advantage of the features of your device like larger canvases on iPad Pro, Apple Pencil support for pressure & tilt, and 3D touch on your iPhone.
Join the ArtRage community:
Real world painting tools: Oils, Watercolors, Paint Rollers, Pencils, Crayons and more. Each tool has a range of familiar properties such as how much thinner is applied to the paint, or how soft a pencil tip is. Tools apply texture as well as color, and blend under the brush.
Add Layers to your painting and work on individual elements without damaging others. ArtRage supports a wide range of layer effects, layer blend modes, and layer contents can be scaled moved and rotated independently.
Import images, converting them to oil for smearing or as Reference Images pinned to the canvas as a visual guide. Load photos as Tracing Images which are overlaid on the canvas, and have ArtRage select colors automatically as you paint.
The interface has been designed to maximize your creative space without hiding away critical functions such as tool and color selection. As you paint, it gets out of the way so that you don’t have to stop and manually adjust panels.
Record your paintings! The ArtRage Script system lets you record strokes while you paint for playback in desktop versions of the product at higher resolution.
Import and Export using external services such as Dropbox, and iCloud Drive. Share your images on Facebook, Twitter, and any other sharing app on your device.
• Oil Brush, Watercolor, Airbrush, Palette Knife, Paint Roller, Paint Tube, Inking Pen, Pencil, Marker Pen, Chalk, Crayon, Glitter Tube, Gloop Pen, Eraser, Flood Fill, Cloner.
• Paint simulation monitors the physical properties of your paints to allow natural blending, smearing, and other real world behavior.
• Preset support to save your favorite settings for later use.
• Supports the Apple Pencil's Pressure and Tilt properties, and 3D Touch where available to add realism to the simulated paint strokes.
• Unlimited layers with Photoshop standard blend modes, visibility and opacity controls. Scale, rotate, and position layer contents independently.
• Record your paintings as Scripts then play them back in a desktop version of ArtRage.
• Unlimited Undo / Redo. Load photos as References or Tracing images.
• Create paintings up to 2048 x 2048 or 4096 x 4096 on iPad Pro.
• Control the texture and color of the canvas to create different effects. Canvas presets can be stored for later.
• Export PTG, JPG or PNG to services such as Email, Adobe Creative Cloud, Dropbox, and more. Share images on Facebook or Twitter. Import photos to a new file or a layer, with camera support.
• Easy access pods provide functionality without getting in the way. Elements vanish as you paint so you can paint underneath. Multi-Touch shortcuts for canvas manipulation, Undo/Redo, and Brush Size.
Stylus & Input Support:
• Apple Pencil Pressure & Tilt.
• Supports 3D Touch.
• Includes support for Wacom, Adonit, Adobe, and Pogo styluses.
Fixed Scribble issues with sliders
Fixed eraser tool settings preview image
Other bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I am learning to use the software for iPad pro. I have been a long time user of ArtRage on desktop PC;which seems far more in depth. Regardless of the desktop version, this ipad version of Vitae is good, but I have a unique situation that I used to be left handed;but had a stroke and lost function of my left side due to becoming paralyzed on my left side.So, in having used the previous version for the iPad, I am somewhat used to the tools in Vitae. I really like the brushes and the overall ease of use; being forced into being right handed. It helps my brain to keep learning;after serious injury. If you enjoy digital painting; try this Vitae!There is a lot of interesting and cool tools.Good job software creators!👍🏻
Superb New ArtRage App 👌🏻
Glad to have a new ArtRage app again, thank you very much. I like the few new tools and features as well. If you enjoy art and painting i highly recommend this uniquely cool application.
Many thanks to the developers for this new app and God bless.
A good start … maybe
We’ve waited a long time for an ArtRage Mobile update. And we get this as a new program... not an update. Ok, you so maybe it was a re-write from the ground up. FWIW I use the desktop version and frankly it’s outstanding. This one ... lackluster.... I use a 10.5” IPad Pro with Apple Pencil I. Pros: ~somewhat larger canvas spaces ~Being able to make the tools larger than 100% also a con, see below. ~Option for real color blending on the color picker ~More settings for individual brushes ~More layer settings ~. Theres the clone tool which some may like. It doesn’t really do much for me. Overall - felt more like an update than a new version. Should have been transparent about that. Cons: ~Need a slider for the tool size that goes all the way up to the 500%. The slider going up to 100% then having to type in the tool size >100% is cumbersome. ~maybe it’s just me but I wasn’t getting much tilt response. I use the Apple Pencil. ~Need the saved files to appear in Files folders like other art apps. ~Of all the things to bring over from the desktop version we still can’t create our own custom brushes. ~ I understand there are some new touch gestures but I could figure them out. Maybe some help documentation would clear that up. Summary: It’s not horrible for the price paid for it, but it’s a little underwhelming from a company that produces such a good product for the desktop. I’m going to be optimistic and believe that this is a step in the direction of a really solid final product.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ambient Design Ltd.
- 62.8 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2021 Ambient Design Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.