AUM is the flexible audio mixer, recorder, and connection hub for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Connect hardware inputs and outputs, Audio Unit extensions, Inter-App Audio apps, Audiobus, soundfile players, built-in signal processing and filters, in any configuration you want.
Route anything to anywhere with mix-busses, effect sends, audiobus ports, and external multi-channel audio interfaces.
Play hosted synths and instruments using the built-in keyboard or external MIDI controllers, or sequence them with AU MIDI plugins or from other apps using Virtual MIDI.
Record mixes, individual tracks, or both, straight into the storage space of AudioShare (no copying of files needed), with synchronized start and end for perfect loops.
Play back recordings, soundfiles and loops as channel sources in the mixer for backing tracks, further processing or mixing. Soundfiles can be opened from anywhere, including USB drives on iOS 13 and later.
Route and filter MIDI in any way you like using the MIDI matrix. Combine and filter MIDI endpoints using MIDI buses.
Synchronize everything with the transport clock and play in time with other apps or devices using Ableton Link. Connect external music machines and synchronize them with MIDI Clock.
Includes built-in processing nodes for various stereo processing, Mid/Side balance and conversion, EQs and filters, limiting, clipping and saturation. Or use any 3rd party Audio Unit extension or Inter-App Audio effect.
All controls in the mixer can be controlled via MIDI, including parameters of hosted and built-in plugins.
"A brilliant idea that has been brilliantly executed. Top-notch technical stuff and highly recommended" - MusicAppBlog
"Feature rich, powerful, intuitive, and simple to use" - DubSpot
"Executes live mixing with surprising ease, with a load of extensive features under the hood, quick snappy response on the screen and audio" - AudioNewsRoom
• High quality audio up to 32-bit 96kHz
• Clean and intuitive user interface with crisp vector graphics
• Extremely compact and optimized code, very small app size
• Unlimited number of channels
• Unlimited number of effect slots
• Inserts and sends are configurable pre/post-fader
• Internal busses for mixing, effect sends, signal splitting
• Supports multi-channel audio interfaces for both inputs and outputs
• Supports built-in speaker and mic, including stereo mic on devices that has it.
• Supports Audio Unit extensions, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
• Route MIDI output from Audio Unit extensions
• Supports Audio Unit multiple output and input busses (for side-chaining etc)
• Audiobus state saving
• Highly accurate transport clock
• Metronome with selectable output and optional pre-roll
• Sends host sync to Audio Unit plugins and IAA apps
• Play in time with Ableton Link, with Start/Stop support
• Slave external hardware via MIDI Clock
• FilePlayer with sync and looping with access to all your soundfiles
• Records straight into AudioShare storage space
• Record synchronized beat-perfect loops
• Built-in nodes for stereo processing, filtering and dynamics
• Latency compensation makes everything align at the outputs
• Optional manual compensation using TimeOffset
• Multiple Inter-App Audio / Audiobus output ports
• Built-in MIDI keyboard
• Fully MIDI controllable
• MIDI Matrix for routing MIDI anywhere
• MIDI filtering for any MIDI destination
• Combine MIDI sources or destinations using MIDI buses
BUILT-IN SIGNAL PROCESSING
• Stereo balance
• Stereo to mono
• Stereo panning
• Mid/Side balance
• Mid/Side - Stereo convert
• Invert Phase
• Parametric EQ
• Low-shelf filter
• High-shelf filter
• Low-pass resonant filter
• High-pass resonant filter
• LP/HP combo filter
• First order All-pass filter
• Second order All-pass filter
• Hard clip
• Lookahead peak limiter
A few quick bugfixes:
- Global SOLO button location on device orientation change.
- Handling of '+' sign in fader dB numeric entry.
- Order of Tip Jar items.
- MIDI ctrl CLEAR.
Major 1.4.0 changes:
- Add 64kHz sample rate option.
- Add 'DJ style' combined LP/HP filter node.
- Make Transport Clock sample-precise when Ableton Link is disabled.
- AUv3: don't process bypassed nodes.
- Always keep running in bg if there are any channel strips in the session.
- Improve fader smoothing to avoid zipper noise.
- Fix faulty report of latency compensation buffer overflow when having mix bus feedback.
- Fix issue with MIDI/MMC stop-rewind with same timestamp.
- Fix FilePlayer locate position if file has sample rate different from current session.
- Automatically mute input nodes if they change from external to built-in microphone, to avoid feedback.
- Rewrote MIDI Clock Send, now part of the MIDI matrix and can be connected to multiple destinations.
- MIDI Clock Send settings for sync offset and latency compensation mode.
- MIDI Clock Send can now send Song Position Pointer.
- New MIDI Controls for Tempo (BPM), Tempo Presets (trigger specific tempo changes via MIDI), Un-solo All, Scroll to Channel, MMC Locate/Goto & Rewind.
- MIDI Control: allow OMNI channel.
- Add MIDI Load Session 'force link tempo' toggle setting.
- Support PitchBend (14 bit) and ChannelPressure (7 bit) for MIDI Control.
- Add a virtual CoreMIDI 'AUM' Source.
- Add Network MIDI view, where one can browse MIDI hosts on the network and connect/disconnect them, and enable/disable the network session.
- MIDI Keyboard: add midi pass through input
- Allow save/load/copy/paste/clear of mappings for each MIDI control section, as well as batch set All MIDI Channels. (Tap the three dots in the section title)
- AUv3: allow multiple MIDI inputs (virtualMIDICableCount).
- Add MIDI Swap Connections button: Tap endpoint name in matrix, then tap swap symbol.
- Allow renaming CoreMIDI hardware endpoints.
- Distinguishing multiple hardware controllers of same model by adding their USB port location to their name.
- Tap fader dB label for numeric entry.
- New node slot long-press menu adds Node Move/Copy/Swap, also between channels.
- Show DSP% and reported latency per node when dragging node to the right.
- Show UI indication if channel is producing bad signal values.
- New Node Statistics: per-node DSP%, latencies, load/save times, etc. (tap global DSP/battery indicator and then Node Statistics).
- MIDI matrix: Add resize handle. Tap to maximize/minimize.
- Redesign and put tempo menu inside top bar.
- Keyboard: don't play notes while scrolling.
- AUv3: Add bypass button in title bar.
- Tempo, Preset and Session Load MIDI actions: swipe and tap EDIT to replace item.
- AUv3 main param knob: Use a new custom widget for Indexed parameters. Drag or tap to change value.
- Save and restore plugin z-order in session state and when show/hide all plugins.
- MIDI Matrix: draw connections to/from bypassed/unavailable endpoints dashed.
- FilePlayer: add Format info cell.
- Redesign MIDI keyboard UI.
- Improve channel wire drawing, avoid animation glitch when resizing.
- Improve interference with screen-edge swipe system gesture.
- Improve support for AUParameters with indexed value.
- MIDIKeyboard: avoid iPhone notch for bar buttons
- Don't get stuck in control-finder mode if plugin has no parameters.
- Fix 3-finger touch-up delay on iOS 14.
- Avoid occasional lag while moving/resizing plugin window.
- Fix viewWillDisappear not being called on AUv3 viewController.
- Fix iphone rotation re-layout of MIDI Filters and MIDI Ctrl range button.
- Improve alert popup presentation. Fixes alerts hiding behind other views on iPhone in some cases.
- Added a Tip Jar for those who'd like to support future development.
- Drop support for 32-bit devices. Require iOS 11.
- Updated LinkKit.
- Update help.
- Various tweaks, optimizations and fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Finally Found My Favorite iOS Workflow
I’ve been doing iOS music for many years. People always raved about AUM, and used it in videos. I held off for awhile using other DAWs/Hosts that were great for me at that time, but never quite perfect. As I learned more, and the development of apps progressed, I began to see the value of AUM and finally purchased it. I hate to use buzzwords, but it was a complete game changer for my workflow, my music production, and my songwriting. The app has stepped up my game and helped me learn so much. It’s just brilliant in so many ways. It lets you pick and choose the pieces you need, in a very open and creative way, instead of feeling like a closed workspace. It’s super stable, great gui, great built in fx & features. There’s also been several amazing updates that continue to make this the best app for music production on the App Store. Not sure where my music would be without 3.5 years of daily AUM usage. I can’t sit here and say it’s for everyone because workflow is a personal choice, based on feeling comfortable, creative, and being able to do the things you want to do. I will say this app can basically do everything. It completely revolutionized my music making, and made so many things “click” for me. I can’t recommend this app enough. My most used app, hands down. 10 Stars!
The one essential music app
What is AUM? At first it looks like it’s merely a mixer. But it’s simplicity belies it’s immense power. That’s good app design. But as you explore the app you realize it’s so much more than just a mixer. It’s the glue that binds all of your audio apps. Keeping them all on time and in sync. It works with your midi hardware, your midi software and best of all these amazing AUV3 apps which include special effects and virtual synthesizers and drum apps and really everything. If theses apps are well designed AUM let’s you easily route things to them, like midi messages and LFOs and sequencers. It’s quite literally the Rosetta Stone of audio apps. To say it’s indispensable would be an understatement. Best part the developer is super active in his community and fixing bugs. This app is in active development. This is a no brainer purchase, worth every penny. If you wondered how to make mobile music or take your music to the next level, look no further. This is it!!!
Change the name to wormwood
I see all these folks using this . But the moment I open it I’m furious that it expects all of us to ignore everything we learned about using apps and turns us into little fleas jumping through navigational hoops to do even the simplest of every day music making on the iPads . And the army of people using it and who think it’s so awesome are like a private golf club in pebble beach That only allows their way of operating to exist . Because of this app audio buss is a junk pile of problems too. Since it’s inception all AUM has accomplished is to drive people away from my beloved iPad Pro . And now studio pros laugh at anyone who even speaks about iOS . I sure hope the minuscule amount of people who enjoy AUM will disagree but they seem to enjoy using puzzles to make music on an app that is so unintuitive it’s ridiculous. We need a central hub daw that opens all apps within itself and actually looks and behaves like one . Something native to Apple not third party …like Logic Pro but as long as everyone keeps using a puzzle to make music that will never happen. And it’s 2021 already . I will never use this app ever it’s junk and stupidly over engineered to please the engineer who created it and thinks “it’s useful to twenty or thirty people so great.”😖😖😖😖😖😖😖🐕😖🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🙏
Developer Response ,
That's quite a lot of (hurtful) words just to say that AUM is not for you. I'm sorry that I can't please every possible user out there. AUM does exactly what it says in the description, and thousand of users are happy with it. It sounds to me like you would be better of asking AppStore for a refund and buy one of the available DAW apps instead.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kymatica AB
- 14.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Kymatica AB
- In-App Purchases
- Medium Tip $1.99
- Huge Tip $9.99
- Large Tip $4.99
- Small Tip $0.99