Auria Pro - Music Production 4+
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
- Offers In-App Purchases
Auria Pro - Mobile Music Production. Redefined.
"This is the first mobile mixing (AND recording AND post production) app that I've ever used that is truly professional. Just Wow !" - David Kahne (Grammy winning producer/engineer for Paul McCartney, Tony Bennett, Stevie Nicks, Sublime, The Bangles, Ingrid Michaelson, Regina Spektor)
•TEC Awards 2012 Nominee•
•Computer Music Innovation Award•
•Computer Music Performance Award•
•Sound on Sound 2013 Awards Nominee•
•Electronic Musician Editor's Choice Award•
Introducing Auria Pro. The first Digital Audio Workstation designed from the ground up for iPad. With professional-level features like comprehensive MIDI support, built-in sampler player and analog synths, real-time audio warping, optional third-party plug-in support from names like FabFilter, PSP, Overloud and Drumagog, AAF import/export, and powerful busing, Auria Pro clearly sets a new standard for mobile music production.
"Prepare to be amazed." – Computer Music Magazine
“...I was immediately convinced that this is the hottest musical app to make it to the iPad so far...” – Recording Magazine
• Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks
• Lyra multi-format sample player with a free downloadable 4GB sample library. Lyra is a true disk streaming sampler, capable of playing multi-GB sample instruments. Supports SFZ, EXS and SF2
• FabFilter Twin2 and One analog synthesizers included
• Up to 24 tracks of simultaneous recording when used with compatible audio interfaces (Lightning to USB Camera adapter required)
• Real-time audio warping using élastique Pro v3, allows audio tracks to be stretched in real time.
• Powerful audio busing system allows flexible routing of audio between tracks, subgroups and Auxes.
• Piano roll editor
• Tempo and Time-signature Tracks
• Real-time MIDI parameters allow immediate control over MIDI tracks
• Comprehensive MIDI processing functions
• Groove quantizing, includes a free set of DNA grooves from Numerical Sound (additional grooves available for purchase).
• User groove extraction from MIDI and audio tracks
• Audio quantizing
• Audio transient to MIDI conversion
• Transient slicing
• Project templates
• Support for external iOS-compatible Hard Drives for project backup
• 24-bit recording
• Vintage-inspired ChannelStrip and MasterStrip on every channel by PSPAudioware includes expander, multiband EQ and compressor
• 64 bit double-precision floating point mixing engine
• Third party plug-in support via in-app purchase
• MIDI Sync support with MTC Chase, MIDI Clock and MMC
• MIDI Remote Control (Mackie MCU and HUI protocol)
• Supports sample rates of 44.1KHz, 48KHz and 96KHz
• AAF import and export allows transferring complete sessions between popular DAWs like Logic, Pro Tools, Nuendo, Samplitude and others
• StereoDelay, StereoChorus, ClassicVerb and Convolution Reverb plugins included
• 8 Assignable subgroups and 6 aux sends
• Time Stretching using ZTX technology and élastique Pro v3
• Real-time audio scrubbing
• Flexible snapping tools allow snapping to events, cursor, bars, beats and more
• AudioUnit (AU) and Inter-app audio (IAA) plugin support, including support for MIDI processing plugins
• DropBox, Audiobus, SoundCloud and Audio Copy/Paste support
• Track freeze for minimizing CPU usage
• Full automation support
• True 100mm faders when used in Portrait Mode
• Adjustable pan law
• Auto-punch mode
• Full delay compensation on all tracks, subgroups, busses and aux sends
• Adjustable metering modes, including pre or post fader, RMS and peak
• Sample accurate looping
• Automatic sample rate conversion
iPad 4 or later
iOS 7.0 or later
USB audio interfaces require Apple Lightning to USB Camera adapter
Pro Tools is a trademark of Avid, Inc.
Logic is a trademark of Apple, Inc.
Nuendo and is a trademark of Steinberg, GmBH
Samplitude is a trademark of MAGIX.
AudioCopy and AudioPaste are trademarks of Sonoma Wire Works.
Mackie is a trademark of LOUD Technologies, Inc.
Fixed crashing issue when using on-screen keyboard
Ratings and Reviews
Engineers and musicians tool
This is like protocols, it is made for engineers and it’s workflow is more of an engineering mind than a creators mind(Cubasis). But, as an artist, I like the fact that it function like a desktop DAW and has the best feature of them all, AAF export. I can’t capture ideas in Auria Pro and export them to LUNA on my desktop. Cubasis can do it but limits me to Cubase on the desktop. Cubasis has an easier workflow and some good plugins that can be purchased. It seems Auria has the basics eq/compression built in. Auria Pro also gets the bus routing right for making refined mixes. Although the file manage,ent is cumbersome..anyone who spends a few weeks using Auria will figure out how to get everything to feel free flowing. Like with most things, if you spend the time you will learn to be creative with all that you are able to do. What is limiting or what you can’t do isn’t as powerful as what you can do. Less is more. Use this within your device’s capabilities. I’d give five stars but…I’d want a better file management option. Excellent software.
Very disappointed, crashed right upon starting it up…
I read the reviews and saw that this was a powerhouse and the best DAW, the closest to a desktop DAW, supposedly. I immediately opened it up and started watching a tutorial and learning the app. I touched the keyboard option on the top left corner and the app crashed. I then restarted my iPad. Tried again…crashed. Reset settings, same outcome. Then I reinstalled the app and made sure my OS was running the latest version, only to find that Auria crashed again.
I then avoided the keyboard option and tried launching an AU3 app and it did not show the app, which left that option useless. I’m waiting to see if customer support responds to the forum, but getting close to ask for a refund. A $49 app should not need crash support on day 1!
Crashed, Crashes, Crashing.
You are going to get into an accident. Auria randomly selects which projects it wants to corrupt, then crashes everytime, without fail when try to open your now corrupted file, that somehow got corrupted. I love it, but that alone makes it trash. It’s literally a console; You better leave on the desk until it’s done, because that may be it for that project.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
- 1.1 GB
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- C7 Grand Piano $0.00
- Rock Drum Kit $0.00
- Elektromorph Drum Kit $0.00
- Jazz Drum Kit $0.00
- DX Piano $0.00
- Salamander Grand Piano $0.00
- Clean Guitar $0.00
- Metal Drum Kit $0.00
- Classic Grand Piano $0.00
- Dreamwave Piano $0.00