Aurora is a beautiful and easy to use color picker and dictionary app. It is as feature-rich as it is gorgeous.
- Color picking from the screen
- Color picking from static images
- Manual color search
- Color replace in images
- Change color brightness and saturation
- Like and save colors
- View extensive information about colors (HEX, RGB, HSV, HSL, CMYK, XYZ, CIE-LAB, luminance, distance, and more)
- View binary, octal, and decimal RGB representations
- View suggested and related color palettes (including HKS, RAL, and Web)
- View and copy example CSS, Objective C, and Swift color code for quick usage
- View contrasts between colors
- Drag and Drop color reordering
- Drag and Drop to and from other apps
- Share and import colors as Hex values or images
- Import and export Procreate swatches
- Dark mode support
Compatibility with Apple Silicon Macs and general bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Excellent for a beginner painter
I’m new to painting and I purchased this app to help me identify color palettes. My favorite feature is the ability to import a photo and get a list of all of the colors from the image, that was exactly what I was looking for in an app.
I’ve also been using the live camera to scan my mixed paints to see how accurate my mixtures are for my palette.
Lovely app, does a great job and looks good doing it. My only request would be to be able to export palettes as a PAL (JASC) and or GPL (Gimp) which are quite universal formats so that I can open the palette in other programs without needing a desktop app like Sip to pick the colors from the palette I created here. Exporting aside it’s a well made app and well worth the couple of dollars!
Amazing app for hopeless designers
As an engineer who admits to being hopeless at design, this app rocks. I love the camera feature, which allows you to simply point your camera at a pleasing color, which is stored and named, with complementary palettes provided to you.
If you’re terrible at design like me, you might want to check this app out!
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thank you for getting in touch with me! Thank you for the kind words. If you have any questions or feedback, you can get in touch with me through Twitter @JPEGuin.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- PoeticBytes Inc.
- 1.9 MB
- Graphics & Design
macOS 10.15 or later. Requires iOS 13.0 and watchOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 PoeticBytes
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.