Cosmicast is a beautiful podcast player built with iOS design guidelines in mind. It’s as useful as it is gorgeous. With a customizable grid layout and three sets of themes to choose from, it’s most definitely a podcast player for you.
There are no complicated user accounts or settings to configure. You can pick it up and get started immediately. This is made even faster with OPML podcast importing, and a handy discover section that’s categorized effectively in a minimal manner to show you only what you want to see.
The stunning podcast player makes listening to your favorite podcasts a joy, and tapping the large controls give you a wonderful haptic response. Long-holding certain buttons presents further options to enhance your experience and fine-tune aspects of the app. The player is always accessible from any page via a swipe up gesture with two fingers. Awesome.
We’ve also thrown in some cool things like Drag and Drop podcast rearranging, 3D Touch support, iMessage Stickers, and Siri Shortcuts! We hope you enjoy using Cosmicast!
- Beautiful and clean interface
- Light mode, dark mode, and true black dark mode
- Column grid sizing
- Discover new podcasts by genre or region
- Search for or paste podcast URLs to add them
- Download episodes for offline playback
- No account required
- Supercharged podcast player, accessible from any screen with a swipe up gesture using two fingers
- Long-hold the skip duration buttons to change the durations
- Long-hold the play/pause button to change the playback speed
- Tap the podcast artwork in the player for more options
- Sleep Timer
- Volume Boost
- View related content by the same author
- Pick your audio source
- Drag and Drop podcast rearranging
- 3D Touch Peek and Pop
- 3D Touch Quick Actions
- iMessage Stickers
- Siri Shortcuts
- Notifications for downloads
- Import and export podcasts as an OPML file
We’re constantly evolving and crafting it to create the perfect podcast player for you. If you have any suggestions or feedback, we’d love to hear it! Come visit us on our Twitter page and let’s craft an incredible podcast experience together.
- Recreated the video player to use the stock iOS player instead, allowing you to view videos in full-screen as well as rotate them to landscape
- Fixed issue where the volume bar would be presented behind the notch on various devices that have a notch
- Minor UI adjustments
- Minor bug fixes
If you enjoy using Cosmicast and like this update, please consider leaving a review. It helps with delivering great continued support. Thank you! :)
Ratings and Reviews
Lovely, with a bit of criticism
This is one of the very nicest looking podcast apps on iPhone that I think exists. Elegant, and simple I really like the way it looks. It even imports my podcasts from a ompl file. Yours be amazed how many podcast app creators seem to think you should just import all your dozens of podcasts one by one, UGH. The only real problem I’ve seen is on my iPhone SE very often when I try to scroll through my podcasts, the app crashes. And then has to be restarted again. Also it needs to have new episode notifications too. It needs the name of the podcast shown alongside the podcast art, otherwise you don’t know what it is until you click on it. It needs to handle multiple downloads better. Otherwise, a great start!
I’ve been through almost all of the podcast apps over the years and this one might be the most beautiful yet. It seems like a lot of care went into the look of the design. And if looks were all that mattered, this app would be 5 stars. But apps also need to work flawlessly and this one doesn’t. The search function within the app is super buggy and crashes the app when searching for certain podcasts. I’m giving it two stars for the design and one star for not only having a grid, but having a grid that can be resized(thank you)! A million podcast apps have come and gone on my iPhone because of the lack of grid. I look forward to seeing where this app goes as the bugs get worked out.
Love it, but bugs
Love the UI of this podcast player, super simple and elegant. But I mainly listen to podcasts on a plane in airplane mode or on the train with spotty service for hours at a time. I used to be a heavy streamer but not with podcasts. So when I go to download episodes, the app crashes often, and there is no download progress bar or circle next to the episode, so I don’t know if it’s downloading or not. More often than not, the download action just adds the episode to the playlist but doesn’t actually download it.
- Shihab Mehboob
- 24.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2018 Shihab Mehboob.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.