Multi-factor authentication code generator, can be used for 2-Step Verification of Google, or other alike services, to provide an additional layer of security when signing in.
Supports Bouqt Authentication™ required for Bouqt apps' multi factor verification.
• OFF THE GRID. Doesn't send or receive anything from the internet.
• SECURE. Uses iOS's built-in encrypted and secure keychain to store your keys.
• SMART. Supports time-based and counter-based one-time passwords as described in RFC 4226 and 6238.
• GROUPS. Allows grouping codes, especially useful for those with lots of keys. Quickly find your code.
• CLEAR. Simple and readable user interface for fast reading.
Important - to prevent security risks, Authenticator does not backup your data anywhere. Sensitive data (2FA keys) is stored on your iPhone's secure keychain, so only iTunes/iCloud encrypted backups will include a backup to these keys. If you're restoring your device from an iTunes/iCloud backup, the app and all keys will be restored as well, since your keychain will be restored as part of the process.
IN ANY CASE, IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO BACKUP YOUR 2FA SECRET KEYS IN A SEPARATE PASSWORD MANAGER (NOT THE MAIN ONE YOU'RE USING), TO AVOID LOSING ACCESS TO YOUR ACCOUNTS IN CASE OF ANY SORT OF A DATA LOSS.
Bouqt Authenticator is based on a GitHub open source project of mattrubin/Authenticator.
• Fixed flash timing, 4 flashes will appear at the last 4 seconds.
• Fixed scrolling when switching between groups and codes views.
Ratings and Reviews
So far this app appears to be fast, easy to configure, easy to use, and with the bells-and-whistles that one may need from a 2FA app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.