• Best Autism App on the Healthline’s list
• Used by over million children with ASD as a supplement to their regular therapy
• Includes unlimited language and cognitive exercises designed to last for 10 years
• MITA in the news: https://youtu.be/giZymh3rMHc
• MITA research articles: https://goo.gl/28VCGg; http://goo.gl/lyHw95; https://goo.gl/nUpfNU; https://osf.io/preprints/psyarxiv/xtj2z/
Mental Imagery Therapy for Autism (MITA) is a unique, early-intervention application for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). MITA includes bright, interactive puzzles designed to help children learn how to mentally integrate multiple features of an object, an ability proven to lead to vast improvements in general learning.
MITA aims to train mental integration and receptive language, starting with simple vocabulary, and progressing towards higher forms of language, such as adjectives, verbs, pronouns, and syntax.
Success with MITA could over time result in significant improvements in a child’s overall development, specifically in the realms of language, attention and visual skills.
MITA EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES
• Based on ABA techniques of visual-visual and auditory-visual conditional discrimination.
• Based on language therapy technique of following directions with increasing complexity.
• Based on Pivotal Response Treatment that targets development of response to multiple cues.
• Each activity is adaptive and delivers exercises that are at the exact level of difficulty appropriate for your child at any given point in time
• Playtime rewards will keep your child engaged while learning and having fun
• No Wi-Fi necessary
MITA develops your child’s mental-integration ability and language functions. The visual exercises follow a systematic approach for developing your child's ability to notice multiple features of an object. MITA starts with simple exercises that teach your child to attend to only one feature, such as size (screenshot #1) or color (#2). Over time, the exercises get more difficult and require your child to attend to two features simultaneously, such as both color and size (#3). Once your child has practiced attending to two features, the program moves on to puzzles that require attending to three features, such as color, size and shape (#4), and then eventually to puzzles that involve attending to an ever-increasing number of characteristics.
The verbal exercises offer a more conventional, verbal approach to facilitating language acquisition, starting with simple vocabulary, and progressing towards higher forms of language (such as adjectives, prepositions, and syntax).
MITA is designed for early childhood and intended for long-term, daily use. It is designed to be engaging and educational, as well as adaptive and responsive to the individual abilities of each child.
MITA is developed by Dr. A. Vyshedskiy, a neuroscientist from Boston University; R. Dunn, a Harvard-educated early-child-development specialist; MIT-educated, J. Elgart and a group of award-winning artists and developers working alongside experienced therapists.
Access to some MITA activities requires a tuition of $0.99/month ($11.99 charged yearly). Your tuition pays for the development of new cognitive activities that are added each month.
• Tuition will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Tuition automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• You can turn off auto-renewal by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that plan.
Terms of service: http://imagiration.com/terms-of-service/
MITA is available in English, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, and German.
The combined MITA exercises are now designed to last for 10 years!
MITA therapy includes thousands of learning activities organized into 17 games.
Track your child’s progress on tables and graphs.
Your progress data and settings are saved in the cloud.
MITA has been translated into Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, Russian, German, Arabic, Farsi, and Chinese.
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome but needs an update for sure
This app has helped me significantly as a PCA to my nephew. He has definitely adapted well to this and I can see progress in his attention to detail. HOWEVER, without fail. This app crashes every time I use it. Multiple times!!! It's very frustrating because I have to stay nearby to reboot it when it freezes or else my nephew gets so upset! This happens especially when he has play time and colors. This is very frustrating because that's his favorite part yet it ALWAYS freezes on him. The content is great but the crashing is too much. I'm waiting for an update on this because I do really enjoy it.
Developer Response ,
Please upgrade to 3.4
The new version solves the problem in coloring PlayTime.
Great app, but...
The app is great, but I wish there was an option to opt-out of the mandatory evaluation, which asks the same monotonous questions, which is very irritating.
Please fix the coloring pages
My son loves this app but when he finishes a level and gets to play a "game," he enjoys coloring. The coloring pages are not user friendly for small children. Also no matter what there are always spots that he cannot color. I have tried to help him and I cannot get those spots colored either. To an autistic child this is more than frustrating. It upsets him so much that unfortunately I need to delete this app. I hope with future updates I will be able to re-download after this bug is fixed with the coloring pages. Thank you for your consideration.
Developer Response ,
Please upgrade to 3.4
We have increased drawing size and made it easier to color.
If your son has problems with any particular drawing, please let us know via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will try to change it. Thank you!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.