Attainment has been making augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) tools for 25 years. Our experience is front and center in GoTalk NOW LITE, a communication app that introduces you to the flexibility, ease of use, and power of Attainment’s popular GoTalk NOW.
GoTalk NOW LITE is a fully functional augmentative communication app for those who have difficulty speaking. Create up to three personalized communication pages in this free app! GoTalk NOW LITE has all the essentials of an effective AAC app, like adjustable page layouts, customizable navigation, recorded and text-to-speech capabilities, and an included symbol set. If you need more Communication Pages or the ability to share, simply upgrade your GoTalk NOW LITE to full GoTalk NOW Features via an in-app purchase.
The new LITE offers three styles of communication pages: Standard, Express, and Scene. In Standard pages, the action occurs when the location is pressed. In Express pages, recorded or text-to-speech messages build in a speech bar and play in sequence when the bar is pressed. Scene pages are built around a single photo or image. When you arrange invisible hotspots over people or objects in the photo, the hotspots play speech, music, or videos! Feel free to mix and match pages within a communication book.
Create a communication book with unique settings and up to 5 pages in length. Envision the impact of blending video, music, and jump to actions among your pages. Plus, GoTalk NOW LITE is a full-feature scanning app!
• Choose 1, 2, 4, 9, 16, 25 or 36 locations per page.
• Use images from your iPad camera, photo library, or the GoTalk Image Library.
• Search the Internet in-app for the perfect image or icon.
• Purchase SymbolStix, PCS, or Widgit Symbols libraries in-app.
• Crop, scale, or rotate an image using your fingers.
• Combine multiple images in a single communication location.
• Color pages, borders, and text with any hue.
• Move and size text with your fingers so it feels just right.
• Record your voice or use our free text-to-speech voice.
• Add spoken labels (auditory cues) to any button. Great for scanning, guiding visually impaired users, and identifying any new or difficult vocabulary.
• Trim videos in-app, and play them from any communication location.
• Select our alternate video interface to pause or exit the video easily.
• Link songs from your playlist to any communication location and control them with Pause/Play, Next, and Previous.
• Include a core vocabulary button for extra quick access to important messages.
• Create multimedia social stories and step-by-step instruction layouts by linking pages with an after action.
•In-app purchase allows for back up of communication books via Dropbox or to any Mac or PC for safekeeping.
• Ability to create multiple books with unlimited pages via in-app purchase.
• Store and share interactive templates (each including speech, video, text, and jump to links) on our online gallery via in-app purchase.
• Download and edit premade templates from Attainment’s collection on the public gallery available via in-app purchase.
• Print and save communication book layouts via PDFs.
• Access LITE with single or two-switch scanning.
Attainment is well known for top-notch customer service. Email us with questions or comments and check our website for free webinars. And yes, we're happy to talk to you on the telephone!
Lots of housekeeping in this update! Bug fixes include:
• Express Bar would become unresponsive
• App would crash while using the Copy function in the Page Editor
• App would crash when setting an After Action on a Scene page
• Trouble deleting some pages in the Page Editor
• Hybrid buttons on a Scene Page now have a long press menu (to delete, copy, paste, etc.)
• Communication Books in the Book List now sort properly
• Communication Books with special characters (like umlauts, accents) in the title now behave normally
• After Actions on Scene Pages now behave properly
• Improved performance and stability while using the Page Editor
• Autoscan Repeat setting works now works as intended
• Spanish localization added
Ratings and Reviews
Crash and Freeze
The concept is awesome. However, the app crashes on me at random points and the after action for three of my four subjects won't jump.
I have requested help through the app and got an automated response saying they received my request and would get back to me within one business day but two days later no response. That is disappointing.
I got this to try it with the mind to purchase but if this is how the apps are taken care of I think I'll save my money.
I keep holding out hope though..... his therapists app works fine!
So far so good
So far this is working great. I’ve started with 1 page with 4 buttons. I put 4 tasks that my son likes and when he gets a better hang of it I’ll add more.
Great app to use to convert iPad into a communication device.
This app is great to help turn your iPad into a communication device for children with special needs. You can add your own sound, pics, text etc to the grid selection so it can really help with day to day functions without frustration.
- Attainment Company, Inc.
- 171.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Finnish, German, Greek, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 Attainment Company
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to GoTalk NOW Features $79.99
- Kenny $0.99
- Ryan $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.