Ava helps anyone to have easier and more accessible communications with deaf and hard-of-hearing people. The app provides 24/7 real-time captioning (with up to 95% accuracy, based on artificial intelligence), on their smartphone.
Transcribing any live communication has never been that easier for individuals or organizations who wish to be accessible!
1) Set up Ava on your phone to instantly transcribe what people say (with 95% accuracy when they're a meter away). Tap words to correct them and teach Ava to transcribe them right.
2) For group conversations where speakers are further than 1 meter away, invite them to download Ava and connect to you: Ava will show a real-time color-coded transcript of who says what.
Never miss again meetings at work, family dinners or social gatherings!
3) Need accessibility in more complex situations? Head to the "More Accessibility" menu and learn how to set up Ava in any situation.
Examples of ways people use Ava:
- Didn’t get what the guy in front of you said? With your smartphone' mic, Ava hears well and shows you word by word what is said. Instant captions, in your pocket, always available.
- Communicate much faster with hearing people, than with pen/paper or notes apps! Type what you want to say, and have Ava speak it for you. Besides, if you connect to friends via Ava by sharing to them your Ava Name, what each person will show up with their own color. What you type appears right away on their screens for incredibly faster communication!
- Push the limits of what you thought you wouldn't have access to. With Ava and easy to find equipments, you could understand vendor tips, doctor's appointments, worship services, classroom lectures, and even online videos and conference calls! Ava paves the way towards a 24/7 accessible world. Visit www.ava.me/life for more details on how other pioneers of accessibility use Ava!
***Find all of the latest Ava news on our Twitter account @avascribe***
HOW PLANS WORKS:
Sign up gives you a complimentary free month of the Ava Freedom Plan – no credit card required. You'll be able to start conversations with unlimited captioning time, and use Ava anytime, anywhere. Once your free month is over, you'll be automatically switched to the Free Plan:
Free Plan – $0 forever
Start conversations and caption up to 5 hours every month for everyone.
Joining another Ava user's conversation never uses your captioning credit.
Premium Plan (for individuals) – $29.99 a month
Start conversations with no limit, anytime, anywhere.
Benefit from team's help to setup your accessibility in your daily life (work, school, events, place of worship, etc.)
Pro Plans (for organizations) – Contact our sales team via our website at www.ava.me
Set up Ava accessibility to make communications in your organization accessible to your deaf/hard-of-hearing members/visitors.
Questions? Suggestions? You can speak to a real person at Ava. Our trusty customer support team is just an email away --- simply write us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your $29.99 USD subscription to the Ava Freedom Plan guarantees you a renewing 30-day period of unlimited captioning time.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of your purchase.
- Your Ava Freedom subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the month.
- Your account will be charged $29.99 USD for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
- Your subscription may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
- Any unused portion of the Free hours will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription to Freedom.
Ava gets more convenient in every situations!
- You can now paste text from your clipboard to the conversation
- Long press any paragraph and make Ava speak for you
- Onboarding experience tailored to your need
- +30 improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Pretty Good App
I downloaded the app to help me communicate with my son who underwent cochlear implant surgery and between the time of the surgery and the activation of the implants, he was totally deaf. The app works well and is surprisingly accurate in translations from speech to text.
One issue I had using my iPhone 7 was that sometimes the app just flat out failed to work once it was launched. No matter what I tried to do, it would not seem to pick up my voice and translate. I’d usually have to close the app, then relaunch to get it to work.
I like the fact that you can configure the app to use various microphones...neat feature. All in all, the app is well designed, fast and as accurate as any can be given the complexity of speech to text translation!
Developer Response ,
Hi Bayern! Thanks a lot for your feedback! I am happy you had a good experience using Ava with your son!
We've actually just release a new version of the App, you can find it available in the App Store. This should fix the issue you experienced.
Then, would you mind to revise your rating to 5 stars 🌟as it will give a better signal to our new users!
Have a great day!
The Ava Team
Ava life changing
In the past 3 weeks I have lost all hearing. Now awaiting a cochlear implant. Shocking! How will I conduct my business, conference calls, personal social ever again.. recommended by friends (speech pathologist) AVA has solved many of these. It’s all about a good microphone and folks speaking clearly. Quality in..quality out. I can now even hear the preacher on Sunday! You need of course good WiFi, or cell signal. I can now wirelessly sit and pick up Bluetooth mic 50 ft away. Can also pick up the phone by sending the phone into the iPad via cable. HUGE advantage. They talk I read. I talk they hear. It’s not perfect but pretty good. The TTY is free but everything has to go to another number then prompted to enter my number. How does the yard guy know this? It’s a bit cumbersome. I think I’ll use both. Thanks AVA! Good work!
Developer Response ,
Thanks a lot for your rating & description, it helps! 🌟💪
You are also very welcome to join our community on Facebook to stay in touch: https://www.facebook.com/groups/enavaforce/
Have a great day!
AVA is very helpful
I am bilaterally implanted and struggle with electronic devices that play music or radios with odd sounding voices. AVA helps with some of that (not music, rather talk radio) and it’s extremely useful when explaining to my Deaf friends and family since my ASL is poor. I can hold my own with hearing friends and family as the implants give me 85% speech comprehension.
Now a question: I actually tried to open AVA during a phone call to work like captions would, and it was ok but not perfect. Does AVA ever plan on expanding out into telephone type conferences where not all members in the conference have AVA? It’s asking them a lot to download an app, it would be sweet to be able to include their conversation without having them join right away.
Developer Response ,
Hello Mahvelous Mahvin, thanks a lot for your kind message! We're glad to see Ava helps you with your friends & family.
We are actually planning on having Ava available without downloading it, so keep tuned. If you have any other ideas or feedback, that helps a lot! So please share it to email@example.com
- Transcense Inc.
- 128.7 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Transcense, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Ava Premium Plan $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.