Do you enjoy watching videos on your iPad? Do you hate not being able to because your iPad cannot support the video format? Or do you hate the inconvenient and time-consuming hassle of trying to convert video formats to fit into one that your iPad can support?
This is why the AVPlayerHD was created. The AVPlayerHD can play almost any computer video file format such as AVI, Xvid, WMV and much more clearly and effortlessly. No converting hassles. Just copy files via USB and just drag and drop into the AVPlayer’s Media Explorer.
The AVPlayerHD can also support external subtitle files such as SMI and SRT. So if you enjoy watching videos on your iPad, then the AVPlayerHD is an absolute necessity.
• Video Format Extension
- Support High quality video clips ( 720P, 1080P )
- Dolby Digital (AC3), Dolby Digital Plus (EAC3)
- XVID,AVI,WMV,RMVB,ASF,H264,MKV… most of all movie file formats.
- SMI, SRT, TXT, SubStationAlpha Subtitles
• Post Processing
- High quality video processing
• Control the playback speed (From 0.5X to 2.0X)
- User setting support
-Sweep to the left : move to backword 10 sec
-Sweep to the right : move to forward 10 sec
-Sweep to the top : 1.5X speed
-Sweep to the down : normal speed
• Additional features
- Supports Split View
- Supports Picture in Picture mode ( h.264 format with H/W decoding )
- Rotation Lock / Aspect ratio Control
- Folder Management:Pass code/Move/Rename/Create
- Resume play from last position
- Scrubbing search
- supports e-mail attachment by "Open In" feature
• USB/WIFI Transfer
1. How to add video with USB
- Run iTunes 9.1 or above
- Device->My Device(My iPad)->Apps, drag and drop files to the AVplayerHD's documents
2. Support High quality video clips ( 720P, 1080P )
- High quality video clips of 720P (1280 x 720) or more are recommended for MP4 format.
- MP4, MOV, M4V formats that QuickTime supports can be played up to 1080P by using H/W Decoder but, Post Processing function isn’t provided.
- Support H/W decoding for MKV and AVI (720P supported on iPad1, 1080P supported on iPad2 / The New iPad)
- Hybrid decoding mode is added and now it is able to play high resolution videos by using hardware accelerator feature embedded in iPhone/iPad even for mkv or avi in h264. Also battery use time has extended.
- Application may crash in iPhone 3GS / iPod Touch due to heavy use of memory in Hybrid decoding. Try turning off all application running in background and reboot the device by holding down sleep mode button for long time.
- If screen shakes it means hardware decoding is not supported. Try turning off hybrid decoding.
- When the file formats are available for MKV or AVI the player supports hardware decoding.
- If you cannot choose audio in mp4 or avi, change the extension to mkv temporarily and chosen audio channel will be applied.
3. The optimal speed when advancing its playing speed can differ depending on the way it’s compressed and the size.
Video clips of XVID (AVI) 720 x 480 can be fast played up to 1.3-1.5 times faster than normal.
- Open In(Share/Copy) and Inbox bug fixes
- Screen layout and 4K video playback bug fixes
- Other bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Best Media player
I’ve been using this app for about 7 years now and still the best media player that I’ve used. Only thing is that they don’t update the app as frequently as before and had a minor issue with a subtitle not being displayed properly with one of the anime I watched. Otherwise a solid app with many useful features.
Simply not working
AVPlayer HD was one of best media players for iOS, at least in my opinion. But alas, it’s no more a media player at all.
It’s full of bugs. Every update brings its own bugs which accumulate above the bugs of the previous version. I’m not exaggerating here. The bugs started with Dropbox integration & continued to involve the integrations of other cloud services.
With the latest version update, it it’s near impossible to transfer & watch anything in this app. I’m not speaking here about transferring & watching media files with cloud services only.
With the latest version, even importing media files from other iOS apps &/or opening files from other iOS apps in the same iOS device stopped working. So now, adding to the fact that the app is not that features-rich , it’s now a dilemma to figure out how to open any media file.
Over a decade in use
I have been using this app for that long always works no matter what type of file I throw at it. I’ve used it on iPhones iPads and currently on my iPad Pro it always just works. It’s updated consistently I love that it plays MKV files without a stutter. Great app worth the price if you want something that is a workhorse no matter the device this is the video app you need.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 54.3 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2010 eplayworks
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.