Do you enjoy watching videos on your iPad? Do you hate not being able to because your iPad cannot support the video format? Or do you hate the inconvenient and time-consuming hassle of trying to convert video formats to fit into one that your iPad can support?
This is why the AVPlayerHD was created. The AVPlayerHD can play almost any computer video file format such as AVI, Xvid, WMV and much more clearly and effortlessly. No converting hassles. Just copy files via USB and just drag and drop into the AVPlayer’s Media Explorer.
The AVPlayerHD can also support external subtitle files such as SMI and SRT. So if you enjoy watching videos on your iPad, then the AVPlayerHD is an absolute necessity.
• Video Format Extension
- Support High quality video clips ( 720P, 1080P )
- Dolby Digital (AC3), Dolby Digital Plus (EAC3)
- XVID,AVI,WMV,RMVB,ASF,H264,MKV… most of all movie file formats.
- SMI, SRT, TXT, SubStationAlpha Subtitles
• Post Processing
- High quality video processing
• Control the playback speed (From 0.5X to 2.0X)
- User setting support
-Sweep to the left : move to backword 10 sec
-Sweep to the right : move to forward 10 sec
-Sweep to the top : 1.5X speed
-Sweep to the down : normal speed
• Additional features
- Supports Split View
- Supports Picture in Picture mode ( h.264 format with H/W decoding )
- Rotation Lock / Aspect ratio Control
- Folder Management:Pass code/Move/Rename/Create
- Resume play from last position
- Scrubbing search
- supports e-mail attachment by "Open In" feature
• USB/WIFI Transfer
1. How to add video with USB
- Run iTunes 9.1 or above
- Device->My Device(My iPad)->Apps, drag and drop files to the AVplayerHD's documents
2. Support High quality video clips ( 720P, 1080P )
- High quality video clips of 720P (1280 x 720) or more are recommended for MP4 format.
- MP4, MOV, M4V formats that QuickTime supports can be played up to 1080P by using H/W Decoder but, Post Processing function isn’t provided.
- Support H/W decoding for MKV and AVI (720P supported on iPad1, 1080P supported on iPad2 / The New iPad)
- Hybrid decoding mode is added and now it is able to play high resolution videos by using hardware accelerator feature embedded in iPhone/iPad even for mkv or avi in h264. Also battery use time has extended.
- Application may crash in iPhone 3GS / iPod Touch due to heavy use of memory in Hybrid decoding. Try turning off all application running in background and reboot the device by holding down sleep mode button for long time.
- If screen shakes it means hardware decoding is not supported. Try turning off hybrid decoding.
- When the file formats are available for MKV or AVI the player supports hardware decoding.
- If you cannot choose audio in mp4 or avi, change the extension to mkv temporarily and chosen audio channel will be applied.
3. The optimal speed when advancing its playing speed can differ depending on the way it’s compressed and the size.
Video clips of XVID (AVI) 720 x 480 can be fast played up to 1.3-1.5 times faster than normal.
- Open In(Share/Copy) and Inbox bug fixes
- Screen layout and 4K video playback bug fixes
- Other bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Has done everything I need for years. Network/cloud interaction isn’t great but I don’t care about that. I just drop videos in it from the finder and keep them on the iPad until I’m done with them. Crashes occasionally if you do a lot of scrubbing on some video formats. And no, this isn’t a fake review. I’d probably recommend a different one since this one isn’t maintained regularly, but I’ve had no need to switch from this one.
Best Video Player on iOS and iPadOS
First of all , let me say that I find it very very odd that this app is the only video player app with a proper file manager on the app store for about 7 years. This app shows all files within it Even the files it cannot play. It simply lets you change the format of files by renaming them. And at last the main reason I use this app for more than 6 years now is because it lets you rename the subtitle files within the app. So no need to do that on your computer before transferring your files. It’s the ultimate app for people who use subtitles.
AVPlayer is here to stay
My main video player on my iPads for almost ten years. Yes I do agree maybe UI looks a little bit old and some controls and settings are hard to deal with but tbh It’s really amazing to see the app still getting updates and do whatever it has to do smoothly without any annoying features or other “marketing techniques” that most of the others apps do.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 54.3 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2010 eplayworks
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.