** nPlayer officially supports DTS (DTS HD ), DTS Headphone:X.
** nPlayer supports Dolby (AC3, E-AC3).
** nPlayer is the universal app. You can install it in any other iOS device without additional purchase.
** nPlayer needs iOS version 9.3 or later version. If you have other iOS version, please purchase nPlayer Plus (supports officially the licensed Dolby codecs and Dolby Sound Effect).
- You don't need to convert video files to MP4 to play them in your mobile device. nPlayer enable you to play all kinds of video formats and codecs without file converting efforts.
- You don't need to store video files in your device with limited storage space. nPlayer's powerful and various network technologies will help you to stream them from remote devices.
- With your finger tip, you can adjust playback position, move to previous and next subtitle position, adjust location and font size of subtitles, control volume and brightness.
- Experience nPlayer, thousands of users recommendations.
- Supports officially DTS audio codec (DTS HD)
- Supports Dolby audio codec (AC3, E-AC3)
- Supports iXpand Drive
- Supports Chromecast
- Supports video cast for Smart TV
- Supports HDMI output
- Supports video files : MP4, MOV, MKV, AVI, WMV, ASF, FLV, OGV, RMVB, TP etc.
- Supports audio files : MP3, WAV, WMA, FLAC, APE etc.
- Supports subtitle files : SMI, SRT, SSA, IDX, SUB, LRC, SUP, MLP2 etc.
- Supports image files : JPG, PNG, BMP, GIF, TIFF etc.
- Supports playlist files : CUE, M3U, PLS
- Supports WebDAV, FTP, SFTP, HTTP, SMB/CIFS, NFS
- Supports UPnP/DLNA (supports subtitles if DLNA server provides subtitles information.)
- Supports cloud service (Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, Yandex.Disk)
- Supports in-app web browser
- Supports iTunes video/audio play (except for DRM contents)
- Supports videos and pictures in Album
- Playback speed control : 0.5x ~ 4.0x
- Resume playback
- AB repeat(specific section repetition)
- Screen lock
- Supports HEVC/H.264/MPEG4 Hardware acceleration
- Supports 3D video mode
- Screen flip horizontally, vertically. brightness and saturation control
- Aspect ratio : Default, 1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 5:3, 16:9, 1.85:1 etc
- Supports multi-track audio
- Supports audio boost
- Supports audio sync
- Supports lyrics display
- Supports Dolby, DTS HDMI Bitstream (Passthru)
- Supports embedded subtitles
- Supports multi-track subtitles
- Supports user’s selection of subtitle files
- Supports addition of optional subtitle files while playback
- Supports subtitles font, color, shadow, outline customization
- Supports subtitles sync
- Supports external subtitle fonts
- Supports SAMI(SMI) tag
- Supports SSA/ASS with full styling, embedded subtitles
- File management : Delete, Move, Rename, Create a folder
- Playlist management : Add, Delete, Modify
- Supports recently played list
- Folder lock
- Supports Open-in
- Supports UI theme
* Gesture Features
- Tap : Menu
- Double tap : Pop-up play
- Drag horizontally : Playback position adjustment
- Drag vertically on right half of the screen : Volume control
- Drag vertically on left half of the screen : Brightness control
- Pinch on the screen : Screen size adjustment
- Drag horizontally on subtitle text : Move to previous/next subtitle text
- Drag vertically on subtitle text : Subtitle position adjustment
- Pinch on subtitle text : Subtitle font size adjustment
- Supports finger gesture customization
- Fixes stuttering issue when playing HEVC video on iOS 13.1
- Fixes other bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Yes! This really IS the best player on ios for video
I have tried them all and there are always a few features lacking with other players. This one ticks all the boxes for me. Plays any file, can play selections in random order, adjustable post processing, great scaling including pinch to zoom... Features way to numerous to mention in a short review. I got the paid version and very happy with it. No glitches or hang ups so far on iPad pro. Keep up the good work...
This honestly is the best
This lets me download files that iTunes doesn't support to the iPad, great for long flights. The extensive codec support is essential. Unfortunately there are still places where they use simplified Chinese when the device is in Traditional Chinese, but I can live with it.
Best video player on ios
love this app, specially is network sharing functions, i can view my video on laptop via LAN without to copy to iphone. and it has browsers too)), i can download video on internet to my phone! and mores other than i can say!
- Newin Inc.
- 96.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 17+ for the following:
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Newin Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.