AVSub is a fully featured, multi-language music and video streaming (after in-app purchase) app for SubSonic. With multi-format (including FLAC) support, quick & easy browsing, caching for offline listening or viewing, playlist support and a great user interface, accessing your media is fast and simple. With full Bluetooth Audio, Apple Watch, CarPlay, AVCast/Chromecast/FireTV & Airplay support too, you can have your media with you anywhere, anytime.
Connect AVSub to your licensed SubSonic server and you'll have access to your entire media collection. AVSub supports any audio format that SubSonic supports and SSL.
AVSub's user interface is easy to use. Buttons are large and clear and playback can be controlled by gestures. Optimized views for both portrait & landscape orientations make the most of your device.
AVSub has full Bluetooth Audio support - stream to any Bluetooth device (car stereo, amplifier, speaker, headphones) with superb quality. Bluetooth remote-control is fully supported.
AVSub also fully suports CarPlay.
The AVSub Apple Watch extension is the easiest way to get your Subsonic playlists onto your watch. The extension supports full background playback. You can take your music with you even without your phone!
AVSub supports caching so you can listen to your music or watch video even when you're not connected to the Internet. AVSub will intelligently cache what you listen to in the background, or you can choose to download tracks, albums or videos direct to the cache for quick pre-loading. Cache size is configurable, along with options such as cache reading & writing and the ability to control direct-downloading over a mobile/cellular network.
Cache management in AVSub is easy too! When browsing the cache, simple swipe right-to-left on item to reveal a delete button. See the AVSub website for details.
AVSub supports Subsonic playlists and will intelligently cache tracks on your device.
AVSub can be used on both WiFi or a mobile/cellular connection (3G/4G). Audio caching ensure smoother playback.
AVSub shows enhanced information for your media, recognising movies, TV, artists and giving bio information, top tracks and similar artists.
AVSub supports the casting app AVCast.
With AVSub you can access your full media library by browsing, selecting from the most recently added, most recently played, most frequently played or highest rated tracks, or search over your entire library. AVSub also supports multiple SubSonic top-level music folders, allowing you to select an individual top-level folder, or your entire collection. You can browse by folder structure or ID3 tags.
- Universal app for iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
- High-resolution digital audio output via CCK up to 24bit/192kHz
- TMDb integration for full movie & TV posters and details
- VLC integration
- AVCast support
- Google Cast & Amazon Fire TV audio and video (after in-app purchase)
- Portrait and landscape
- Video streaming with caching (in-app purchase)
- Subsonic Jukebox (in-app purchase)
- Notification center widget with recent items
- 3D Touch quick action shortcuts
- Internet radio
- SSL support, including self-signed certificates
- Caching for all media
- Folder & ID3 mode
- Multi-disc album support
- Artist Radio/Similar Songs
- Intelligent Bookmarks
- Gapless playback
- Track seeking
- Subsonic playlist support & management
- Streams over 3G/4G/WiFi
- Maximum streaming bitrate control
- Bluetooth Audio/Airplay support
- Remembers your playlist from the last session
- Streams from any licensed SubSonic server (v4.0 and up)
- Browse/search music collection
- Browse most recently added, recently played, frequently played, highest rated
- Random albums/songs
- Shuffle and repeat
- Album cover art
- Lock-screen integration
- Documentation & guides available at the AVSub website
- Supports iOS10+
AVSub 22.6 has the following updates
- Improvements to the watch sync process. The default bitrate is now 160kbps and transcoding only occurs if tracks are above this rate.
- Added ability to switch between servers by long-pressing the refresh icon on the home screen.
- Added ability to refresh the art for a single album by long-pressing the album art on the album-info screen.
- Various small bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Really nice app. Could use some tuning
First off, I really like this app and recommend it highly. My library is around 50K songs and it handles it well. Nice interface. Buffers nicely for road trips. Would like to see three things fixed and one new feature. In ID3 tag browsing, Please fix the number of albums listed for each artist as well as the number of songs for each album. Also, when browsing artists by letter, the application hangs. Please add the ability to sort by album artist. Nice work!
Best Subsonic (& derivative) Choice
I’ve had the app since 2014. I’ve tried every other Subsonic client and this is still by far the best. I’m on the app daily to facilitate my listening of an 80k+ collection. I’ve made every in-app purchase, both in developer support, as well as to make use of the features the app strives to provide which are well beyond what the Subsonic platform can do. You’ll find the core rock-solid, and any issues in the add-ons rapidly resolved due to a very response and active developer. Your best app for the Subsonic family.
Best sound quality of any subsonic client - plays audio at its native rate. UI isn’t ideal but not bad!
- Richard Levy
- 58.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 and watchOS 5.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Richard Levy
- In-App Purchases
- Video Playback $1.99
- Jukebox mode $0.99
- Chromecast Video/Audio $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.