Barometer Plus app measures air pressure and altitude using the built-in barometric pressure sensor on your device.
It only works on devices that contain a barometer, such as iPhone 6/6s/7/8/X (including Plus models), iPad Mini 4/Air 2/Pro or later.
Barometer Plus can be used for virtually all your outdoor and indoor activities, such as climbing, trekking, hiking and even stair climbing.
Because air pressure changes normally indicate a weather change, you can also use this app to monitor and predict short term weather variations.
* Contains accurate barometer and altimeter
* Unit support for pressure (mb, inHg, kPa, atm, Torr, psi, hPa, mmHg), altitude (meter, feet)
* Calibrate the barometer using GPS altitude, GPS location and nearest airport information/METAR, or manually entered QNH
* Offset sensor output value
* Measure height (building/mountain/hiked/climbed) using relative altitude feature (check Settings)
* Personalization graphic in classic analog style
* Today widget (Pro feature)
* Pressure tracking and history graph (Require \"Background App Refresh\" or \"GPS running in the background\").
* Notification about pressure change. Useful when you are in weather sensitive zone like desert, mountain, sea.
* Export history to CSV format and customize notification change value (Pro feature)
You can also customize your barometer/altimeter with:
- 7 different housing colors
- Black, white or blue disk background
- 4 different app backgrounds
- 3 different types of needle
- Dark or light Today widget theme
*** Network connections require the app to be running in the background, and you must open app at least once a week.
*** Weather icons: This only shows the air pressure trend; this is not a weather forecast function.
*** Note: You should take the phone/tablet far away from computers, cables and other magnetic sources in order to get accurate results.
*** If you like this app then please support us - you can remove ads and unlock pro features from the menu.
*** “Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.”
We welcome your ideas and suggestions - please email us at: email@example.com
Follow our official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/barometerplus/ or Twitter account: https://twitter.com/pvdapps
- New "Custom Notification" feature, please check Notification from the menu.
- Weather notification: app now notified you when worse weather may occur follow the changes of air pressure like: gale, storm, strong wind, etc
You can check "User Guide" page to learn more about app.
Bug fixes and performance improvement.
There are many more features in Settings, please discover.
Thank you for choosing Barometer Plus! We welcome your ideas and suggestions - please write a review or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A lot of people claim that their joints ache or levels of chronic pain and fatigue are affected by barometric pressure. So, I got this ap to start keeping track. It works fine, I guess, I know nothing about barometric pressure. I sure would like to see this or a new ap include a way of tracking pain levels w barometric changes. I’m currently using a note pad on my phon to keep records of barometer readings and pain, which works fine, but thinking it might be really great to have an ap that tells me when I might expect to feel like crap, or to at least remind me that the reason I am waking up, feeling like crap is due to atmospheric changes and not because I’m falling apart.
Too small for easy viewing
All of the text is too small for easy viewing, especially the altimeter, and there is no setting to adjust this. It is totally unusable if you were wanting the data with a quick glance, or if you were wanting to follow the changes as you are driving. The data is so tiny I have to really squint and still can’t make out all of the numbers, and there isn’t even a way to zoom in, so I am stuck with the tiny text. We need a way to enlarge the text, or an option to just choose a digital display with larger text (without the gauge image).
Also, it would be nice to be able to switch the main gauge view between altimeter and barometer, instead of always having the barometer on top.
I cannot rate the function of the app, since it is unusable due to the tiny interface text. So while I wish I could give more stars, I cannot fairly do so with the text view making the app mostly unusable for me.
This app seems to work well enough for what it does. As previously stated, it seems to be a bit off, but your iPhone isn’t a barometer, so as long as you have the offset corrections set it’s good enough.
My problem lies in the background app refresh. What I really want to see from this app is the graph of past barometer data so I can track migraines. Unfortunately, for this to work, I have a flashing blue bar across the top of my phone screen constantly that says “Barometer Plus is Actively Using Your Location”, even though it should only be updating every hour. The flashing blue bar is enough to make me close the app, rendering the pressure history useless.
The developer response solution is not an option as “never” and “while using the app” are the only options regarding location
Developer Response ,
Update: You must enable "Exact update interval" in the app Settings to get the Always option.
You can turn off the blue bar by open iPhone Settings app, Privacy, choose Barometer Plus app, choose location and select Always. For the 1 hour problem, you can choose minimum is 15 minute under Pressure Tracking Interval in the app Settings. You can email us for more support.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Ngo Na
- 42.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2013 PVDAPPS
- In-App Purchases
- Platinum Edition $2.99
- No Ads, Widget and Export $0.99
- Exact update interval $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.